thomson destiny - caribbean cruise 2011

Hi to all

This is my first posting although not our first cruise. We have cruised with Thomson to the Fjords on the Spirit and also the Med again with the Spirit. Loved the Spirit, fab food, staff and the entertainment team were excellent. :):)

We have booked to go to the caribbean in January 2011 on the Destiny for 2 weeks, which we have never been on before. My hubby is not really a good sailor but tolerates this due to the excellent cruises we have had. Would anybody be able to advise if they encountered any rough seas in the caribbean in January:confused:

Also, I note that the Destiny does not have a laundry on board. Do they offer a laundry service on board, if so has anybody got any ideas of the cost :confused:

Think thats it for now...but I am sure I may have some more questions, as may try a cruise later on this year, don't really do "beach holidays" anymore, got the cruise bug:D

Hi to all

This is my first posting although not our first cruise. We have cruised with Thomson to the Fjords on the Spirit and also the Med again with the Spirit. Loved the Spirit, fab food, staff and the entertainment team were excellent. :):)

We have booked to go to the caribbean in January 2011 on the Destiny for 2 weeks, which we have never been on before. My hubby is not really a good sailor but tolerates this due to the excellent cruises we have had. Would anybody be able to advise if they encountered any rough seas in the caribbean in January:confused:

Also, I note that the Destiny does not have a laundry on board. Do they offer a laundry service on board, if so has anybody got any ideas of the cost :confused:

Think thats it for now...but I am sure I may have some more questions, as may try a cruise later on this year, don't really do "beach holidays" anymore, got the cruise bug:D

Seas tend to be smoother than the North Sea and the Med and there is a laundry service ( chargeable ) on the ship - prices are not extortionate. Have a great cruise

Hi cityfan:)

We did the Caribbean on Destiny in March 2009 and are doing it again in March 2011.

I am not a very good sailor either and although the seas weren't rough I did feel the swell when we ventured into the Atlantice rather than the Caribbean. I take Sturgeron tablets with me and they work wonders. You can get them over the counter and also on board the ship.

Destiny does have a laundry service on board, but I have never used so can't advise of the costs. I usually wash out any small items in the bathroom and hang them in there, they are dry in a day.

I'm sure you will have a great time in the Caribbean, it really is a wonderful itinerary. This is the first time we have done the same cruise twice as we always try to see different places, but we loved it so much last year, we just had to do it again.

If you have any other questions, you should find the answers on this forum as there are plenty of reviews, but if you can't find what you want to know, just ask, we are a friendly bunch on here.

Janet:)

Thanks for your reply. We have never done a two week cruise before so a little unsure how much to pack and whether the kitchen sink is going to far!!!! Really looking forward to this cruise the Coral Islands/Caribbean Gems looks great and I am pleased that so many people have enjoyed this cruise. Should I be really concerned regarding the cabin size? we are on deck 6 inside. As long as we can change and sleep thats good enough for us as we like to be up, feed and out!

Thanks for your reply. We have never done a two week cruise before so a little unsure how much to pack and whether the kitchen sink is going to far!!!! Really looking forward to this cruise the Coral Islands/Caribbean Gems looks great and I am pleased that so many people have enjoyed this cruise. Should I be really concerned regarding the cabin size? we are on deck 6 inside. As long as we can change and sleep thats good enough for us as we like to be up, feed and out!

Cabin size is not an issue for us on the Destiny but I agree they are smaller than average for a standard cabin - never stops us going on the ship - we only use it as a base !:)

Archived