Eco Dive Barbados

x98bjv

Does anyone know what's going on with this company? They get rave reviews on this forum as well as Trip Advisor, but I've been emailing them for about a month and half, trying to book with them, and I've received no response. I've used two different email addresses of mine to make sure it wasn't getting rejected, and I've also tried their website's contact form. I really do want to book with them and I guess I'll just have to suck it up and call them, but all I have is a cell phone (no land line) and it's going to be expensive to call!

Does anyone have any information about them? Are they still in business?

Yes, they are still in business. We dove with them April 23rd while on the Caribbean Princess.

Our experience wasn't great, but we didn't dive with Andrew. Maybe it would have been different. I think they are used to brand-new divers, and I felt manhandled and bossed around. The divemaster, Sarah, didn't seem to be enjoying herself and showed no interest in our dive. I felt like the joy was just sucked right out of me.

The dive itself was fine, and I think Barbados could have some nice dives. Many other people have great reviews of the dive op, so perhaps we were unfortunate to be with them on a rare "off" day. But I did not enjoy it, and we have been diving for 11 years and with many different dive ops, and this was one of my least favorite.

Good luck, I'm sure you will have a much better experience than us, as the majority of people have had great dives with them.

Just an update, in case anyone else is wondering: Eco Dive Barbados has had trouble with their network host so they haven't been receiving all emails and haven't been able to send them either. The problem is solved now and we are booked! So if you've sent an email in the last month and a half, try again.

Archived