Serenade question

sweptaway

Best views when coming into port are generally on the port side. If you want the best side for viewing Montserrat on the sea day then you will want starboard.

Have a good trip! The Serenade is a beautiful ship. We had so much fun last year.

Jen

I've always sailed port on Serenade. Now that I think about it, I always sail port with a balcony! You'll probably be on deck anyway when you go by Monterserrat because it should be early afternoon. Therefore, that should'nt matter that much. It's all a personal preference, but I enjoy being able to look down on the people coming and going at port and getting a "preview" of the island as I get ready for the day. Have fun on your trip!

You should have more sunsets from the starboard side, if that is of significance. Morning folks would then prefer 'port' for their balcony coffee at sunrise. Depending on how exactly the last day and St Lucia are chosen, you may up to 5-6 days with a southerly heading at sunset time.

Read all the CC reviews of Serenade here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=282

Our specific review of last year: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=6368

We've done the Serenade southern caribbean twice with a balcony cabin. The first time on the starboard side, second time on the port side.

If you are awake at 6am you will get nice sunrises, and views coming into the ports in the morning on the starboard side. You will go right past the Pitons in St Lucia, etc.

The port side faces most of the towns that you visit which you are docked there (we tendered in St Lucia, but we still had a view of the town on the port side). We got a really good view of the Pitons on the way out of St Lucia from our balcony on the port side.

I thought the port side was better, but that's just my preference.

Archived