Grandeur April 9 2005

NannyJan

NannyJan here...it has been a while, but we are getting excited about our upcoming cruise out of New Orleans. Never have been there and looking forward to it. Large group going out of Boston.

Anyone out there on this cruise? Let's chat about it!

My mother and I sailed on the Grandeur in December. I enjoyed it thoroughly and I'm looking for a sailing to do again in the next couple of months, so we may end up on your sailing. Have you joined meet and mingle? Look at the top threads on meet and mingle and it will tell you how to sign up. Go to the meet and mingle board to find other signees.

If this is your first time to New Orleans, I hope you are spending a night or two there before or after your cruise. My Mom and brother live in NO and it is a unique American city with a European flair. And the food is stupendous. I suggest spending time before your cruise because it ensures potential weather problems on flights will not interfer with your cruise.

Have a great time.

Thanks for the info. We definitely plan on spending a couple of days in NO. There will be about 20 of us there for two nights before we sail. Would love to hear about great places to stay and restaurants. We don't need top of the line, but do like good quality food! While hubby loves the hot stuff, others in our group are more conservative in their food tastes, so if you know of a restaurant or two that would please all, that would be wonderful!

Have not joined the meet and mingle because I am not sure if there will be time, travelling with so many others, but I am hoping to exchange some good info about the cruise and NO.

Did you and your Mom do the Western Carribean? We have done that route twice, but never been to Costa Maya. We have sailed Enchantment and Explorer. Looking forward to our trip...it is much needed!

NannyJan

Archived