Super Bowl

saldick

Why should they? This is a European company which should be catering to Europeans.

Those who appreciate European style, languages, cultures, food, service, sincerity and honesty are welcome to join in.

Come on Czech. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about my MSC cruise including the atmosphere, entertainment and food. But I don't think showing the Superbowl would compromise their values. Actually, I think it is a mistake for them. Those ships are at least 50% U.S. right now... and U.S. men (and a good number of women) watch the Superbowl whether or not they care who is in it. I hope the reason is that they don't have the technical ability to broadcast it.

I wonder, do ships in the Med show World Cup games every 4 years? I'm betting they do. It's pretty much the same thing with the Superbowl.

Actually they do not!! Why should they for goodness sake. You are on a CRUISE not at a sports event.

Give them a BIG bowl of soup and tell the "dummies" its a "superbowl" - most will not notice the difference.

3 cheers for Sasso on this one.

We sailed on Home Lines, an Italian cruise line, over Superbowl Sunday some years ago. My husband called the radio room to see if they would telecast the superbowl. They told him that they couldn't, as they didn't have the frequency. Well, a Coast Guard cutter was docked nearby, and my husband walked over and asked the officer by the gangway about the frequency etc. They gave it to him and he conveyed thisto the radio room on the Atlantic. They did televise the game that evening, but it was all in Spanish, and none of the commercial were shown.

They probably don't have radio rooms on ships any more, but if someone could get the correct frequency for that location they could pass the information on to the officer on the bridge.

Hope this is helpful to some of you superbowl fans.

Ginnie

Some other "events" MSC do not show:

The Oscar ceremony

The Miss Universe Beauty Pageant

The Eurovision Song Contest

The Champions League Final

The European Championship

The Rugby World Cup Final

The Oxford/Cambridge Boat Race

The Ryder Cup

The Australian/French/Wimbledon/USA Tennis finals

The Melbourne Cup/Grand National/Kentucky Derby

The World Ice Hockey Championship Finals.

Just some of the 100,001 events some passengers might like to watch - and certainly better known worldwide than the Superbowl!

Main thing is that you are on a CRUISE with an educated International passenger base.

To the original poster, you might want to check your dates. I think the Superbowl is Feb. 6.

To czechmate, I am slightly taken back by your comments. Although I don't consider myself world-traveled, I have done considerable traveling, between military service and 20 cruises. I also consider myself fairly intelligent, as I graduated witha GPA of 3.85 and manage to support a household on my own, as my husband is disabled. That being said, I still watch football every Sunday during the season, which hopefully doesn't make me intellectually deficient. Also, I watch the Superbowl every year and this year has more significance, as my beloved Patriots are defending their World Championship. All in all, I wouldn't plan a cruise over Superbowl Sunday, however, if I were traveling, I would make sure that I was able to view the game. I'm sure that MSC is a wonderful cruiseline, and I will find out for myself in April, but if they are going to sail in the Caribbean with passenger base of 50% Americans, they should broadcast an event that has become somewhat of an American holiday.

Some other "events" MSC do not show:

The Oscar ceremony

The Miss Universe Beauty Pageant

The Eurovision Song Contest

The Champions League Final

The European Championship

The Rugby World Cup Final

The Oxford/Cambridge Boat Race

The Ryder Cup

The Australian/French/Wimbledon/USA Tennis finals

The Melbourne Cup/Grand National/Kentucky Derby

The World Ice Hockey Championship Finals.

Just some of the 100,001 events some passengers might like to watch - and certainly better known worldwide than the Superbowl!

Main thing is that you are on a CRUISE with an educated International passenger base.

So 50% dictates what should be!

Such arrogance - such a lack of understanding!

Never mind that probably 50% plus of that 50% has no interest and you are on a EUROPEAN cruise liner sailing in the Caribbean which has historical and political ties to Europe!

What are you all worried about missing- the main event - Janet Jackson flashing?

One has to laugh "World Championship"!!!!!!!!!!!! Teams from Only ONE country take part!!!!!!!! The World Cheese Rolling Contest has more prestige!

I've only been on this board about a month. Mostly monitoring and hopping in here and there about Lirica and cruising tips. It is my understanding this is a help board for people going on or possible booking with MSC. I don't think asking about Super Bowl is such a big deal but Czechmate obviously does.First off, Czechmate, you need to take an internet etiquette course. When you put things IN CAPS and add !!!! that is a form of yelling at someone. Big bowl of soup for the dummies, world cheese rolling contest? Sounds pretty immature to me. I'm not slightly taken aback by your comments, I am totally. You sound very anti-American. Where do you get off yelling at someone asking a simple question? Whether it be about Super Bowl or any other question, this board is here for questions and advise not your sarcastic comments. Not only on this thread but others I have noticed your type of behavior. Your from England you say?Can you take it like you give it? While Miss Jackson's actions were totally unprofessional, I would any day rather watch her have a "wardrobe malfunction" than see a picture of Prince Harry wearing a **** uniform. Let's stick to helping people about crusing with MSC instead sarcastic remarks. No, you really don't get it.

To bthorn1108, Go Pats!!!

Lilabell

Thank you so much for your remarks about helping each other, rather than putting down fellow cruisers. I was tempted to reply to the unneccessarily

rude postings on this board, mainly by one person, but you said it best.

Also, some people cannot afford to cruise several times a year or even yearly. Their cruise may be the cruise of their lifetime. Let's help each other enjoy life and our cruise.

I cruised one year on Superbowl Sunday and had a wonderful time. Judging by the number of people in the showroom enjoying the game on a huge screen and also the Superbowl snacks, there weren't too many people in the main dining room that night.

Let us live and let live!

More paranoia. Sad really. My good American friends would roll on the floor at the "anti" comments.

Have our complainers taken slightest note of the number of questions where I have provided helpful info - sometimes the only person replying? Obviously not. Talk about selective reading.

But then some folks always think they KNOW BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt this will draw a huge number of very unoriginal comments and give me another good laugh.

Last year some 800 million people from some 200 countries watched the super bowl. Czechmate You just don't get it.

You are correct thankfully not one of the countries I know got "it" either.

Be grateful for small mercies.

It is my understanding this is a help board for people going on or possible booking with MSC. Your from England you say?Can you take it like you give it? While Miss Jackson's actions were totally unprofessional, I would any day rather watch her have a "wardrobe malfunction" than see a picture of Prince Harry wearing a **** uniform. Let's stick to helping people about crusing with MSC instead sarcastic remarks. No, you really don't get it.

To bthorn1108, Go Pats!!!

One has to laugh! Rabid ravings, total hypocrisy!

Some people quote stats - of course no proof attached BUT it one considers a world population of SIX AND A HALF THOUSAND MILLION we see even if the figure is accurate what a pitiful small % are interested.

"LIVE AND LET LIVE". Joke!!!!!!!!!!!. What is meant is force Superbowl upon them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If these people THINK that they have "IT" then please God may I NEVER "GET "IT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTF

Getting BACK to THE THREAD. What has a non evident like the Superbowl got to do with CRUISING and especially on a EUROPEAN cruise liner with an educated International passeger base? Answers on a postage stamp please!

While I am not a Superbowl fanatic myself I think that if MSC want to attract passengers from the US and make them feel at home then it would be nice to have the match available for those who choose to watch it. The cost might well be an issue however.

Having it available is not forcing it on anyone.

Ans as far as the European passengers are concerned they might be quite interested, on my cruise they were a pretty blue-collar bunch, not incredibly sophisticated so as you would notice.

There is one member on here who is a loose cannon and is frankly out of control quite regularly.

Something needs to be done if this forum is to continue without the ill-feeling this member generates.

I will be contacting the admininstrators, I would urge anyone else who is concerned to do the same.

Some people quote stats - of course no proof attached BUT it one considers a world population of SIX AND A HALF THOUSAND MILLION we see even if the figure is accurate what a pitiful small % are interested.

"LIVE AND LET LIVE". Joke!!!!!!!!!!!. What is meant is force Superbowl upon them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If these people THINK that they have "IT" then please God may I NEVER "GET "IT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTF

Getting BACK to THE THREAD. What has a non evident like the Superbowl got to do with CRUISING and especially on a EUROPEAN cruise liner with an educated International passeger base? Answers on a postage stamp please!

Czech- First of all there is a word for "Thousand-Million", and it is called Billion. There may be 6.5 billion people on our planet, but how many do you think have enough income to afford a cruise? Considering 91.6% of the world earns less than $20,000 USD/year, I do not feel you can use world population in your argument. I would be willing to bet that a large percentage of the cruisers on this voyage would fall into that 800 million viewer category. So with that said, I will step down from my soap box and go buy some beer & chips, so I will be prepared for Sunday's big game.

PS-I hope you find a way to pipe it onto the Opera this weekend. :D

Hey Mike,

I agree with you 100%, loose cannon would be putting it mildly and if anything, this person is detering people from posting on here, who wants to play verbal volleyball to someone who is verbally abusive, pompous and at times simply out of control???? I refuse to waste my precious time on someone such as this but to be honest, it does a disservice to the other good folks on this board who are looking for solid truthful info. I have hesitated to respond to posts due to this one person and I am sure I am not the only one here to feels the same.

I too will be contacting the administrators of this board, to be honest I am shocked posts such as the ones above havent been addressed by them.

In closing, I have a few thoughts, one is how truly grateful I am that I am not on the same sailing in a few months with this person and my other thought, a comment really, do me a favor, you know who you are, dont bother responding, it will only make you look even more foolish than you already do.

though somehow I know, he wont be able to help himself , that is to respond.

It's funny how you can describe a certain member and without stating his call name everyone knows who you are talking about.

Here's my solution to his rude behavior.

Go into User CP. click on buddy/ignore list. Input his name (under the ignore section of course). You will never have to read what he says again.

I agree that he should be removed from the boards but he would simply register under a new call name.

Exbrit,

Thanks for that info, I will most certainly be using your valuable information, I didnt know I had that option and in this case it will definitly come in handy.

Yeah, you are right, isnt it odd that everyone knows who we are talking about without mentioning names???? If it were me it would definitly make me think twice about posting again, but hey, thats just me :)

...if we transport ourselves back to yester-year and listen to the game on the Radio.....nobody gets in your way...you can still scream and shout and wonder at the poor fools who are rooting for the other team. I'd mention one but am not completely sure ...is it the Steelers vs. Patriots? Sorry, my last devotion ended when the Houston Oilers lost Bum Phillips. However I will have decided my affiliation by game time and will follow with ears aglow, voice and Diet-Rite raised on high!

As to the contributor who riles the feathers....didn't we all have one like him/her?? in third grade or such? Well, most of us have moved on yet hope springs eternal.

Ask a simple question - get a stupid answer...:rolleyes:

Mikewitte & Antcindee,

Actually, I did email a complaint to the community manager after my last post, along with an apology to CC. We leave Friday for Panama and are really excited about the ports and looking forward to the Lirica. We will definately post a review on our return. Thanks to everyone who has helped us make many decisions.

MSC Opera 1/22-1/29

Yeeesch , calm down !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A simple question : is MSC going to transmit the Super Bowl ( Radio /TV ) ?

and it turns into a screaming match.

My hubby got all upset that the Steelers won't be in the SB. ( he found that out the day after they lost )

Then he remembered he was having a great time on this cruise and quit worrying about it !

Granted , he gets to watch the SB Game on 2/6 , since we are now home. ( Sucks )

But , I just asked him : if you had the choice between another week on the Opera ,or watching the SB. his answer:

F... ,I'll take the cruise anytime !!!

By the way, we live in So. CA and it's about 70-73 during the day.

I guess that means that our brains are a little fried and we lost some of our IQ... ? !

Archived