Cheer up!

Come on everyone, let's judge this ship after we have been on it.

We booked the Jewel of the Seas after reading good reports, but just before we went we started to read bad reviews. It was brilliant :) we had a great time :)

I have just been reading reviews of Jewel and Sea Princess which I recently went on and they were very mixed, but we thought they were wonderful and had great holidays on them. Also we flew with Thomas Cook to the Caribbean and they were very good, loads of legroom and very good food (for a change) but we heard someone say "I wll never fly with Thomas Cook again"

On the other hand I have been on hotel holidays where the reviews were excellent, but the reality was different.

I go next week, so I have more to worry about than you!!!

If it is as bad as you are all thinking I shall certainly complain to Thomsons

:(:( when I get back.

Linda

We booked the Jewel of the Seas after reading good reports, but just before we went we started to read bad reviews. It was brilliant :) we had a great time :)

I have just been reading reviews of Jewel and Sea Princess which I recently went on and they were very mixed, but we thought they were wonderful and had great holidays on them. Also we flew with Thomas Cook to the Caribbean and they were very good, loads of legroom and very good food (for a change) but we heard someone say "I wll never fly with Thomas Cook again"

On the other hand I have been on hotel holidays where the reviews were excellent, but the reality was different.

Linda

I know what your saying Linda but originally as it was a new ship to the Thomson fleet we were only able to judge the ship by the Thomsons brochure,how they promoted it and their website description and on that basis booked it,sadly the minimal feedback so far it would appear nothing like it.I agree the majority of reviews are different/mixed whether it be hotels,airlines or cruises

Look forward to more reviews on the Dream

Linda

Agree - there has been insufficient feedback for there to be any totally fair judgment to be made at this early stage. I agree the early comments are not as good as everyone would have wished and expected but let's get some fuller feedback before getting too despaired. If there are justifiable issues then these really need sorting immediately wherever possible eg Restaurants not open etc - Air conditioning and poor furnishing issues if proven and justified will not be resolved as quickly

I totally agree Linda. A friend of ours has just got back from the Dream today as well, and i'll be honest we said we wouldnt have done it's first voyage incase there were teething problems, so that's why we booked for September.

As i've said in the earlier thread, the rooms look exactly the same as they are in the brochure, so as long as the rooms and the ship itself are clean, the food, entertainment and service good, then i know we'll have a great time!.

Archived