Rum Runners in checked-in airline baggage

Will I have trouble getting my run runners through my checked baggage for my flight, or should I just wait until I get to Fort Lauderdale, buy the alcohol there and fill the rum runners in my hotel room? Thanks for any info. I'm new to this. Last cruise was about 5 years ago and I had no problem whatsoever putting plastic alcohol bottles right in my luggage!

Will I have trouble getting my run runners through my checked baggage for my flight, or should I just wait until I get to Fort Lauderdale, buy the alcohol there and fill the rum runners in my hotel room? Thanks for any info. I'm new to this. Last cruise was about 5 years ago and I had no problem whatsoever putting plastic alcohol bottles right in my luggage!

Fill them in your hotel room so you won't have to worry about the extra weight, and TSA plastering anything on your luggage. Don't give them a reason to confiscate anything.

Do it when you get there incase the not so friendly TSA luggage handlers "toss" your bag and they break. It wouldn't be fun getting there and having some wet, rum smellin clothes to start your cruise. ;)

I fill my rum runners at home and just pack it next to your shaving kit..I've never had any problems and I drink a Kentucky bourbon that is not available in Florida or California...Dennis

Do it when you get there incase the not so friendly TSA luggage handlers "toss" your bag and they break. It wouldn't be fun getting there and having some wet, rum smellin clothes to start your cruise. ;)

They are really hard to break. Sounds like time for an experiment (using only water of course:D)

Do it when you get there incase the not so friendly TSA luggage handlers "toss" your bag and they break.

If the bag is tossed so hard that a rum runner breaks, you've got bigger problems... like your bag's completely disintegrated and you stuff is scattered across the tarmac.

If you are staying by the 17th st causeway in Ft Lauderdale go to Cordova Rd (by Embassy Suites) you will find Total Wine and Liquor. It has a HUGE selection of wines and all brands of booze you will need at very good prices. Also on same street you will find Publix Supermarket.

Archived