'Elation' pax dies

jleq

Oh that is just great to know - we are sailing on the Elation out of Mobile on May 15. I would like to know what this person died of. Yes, it's very sad and probably happens more than we know. However, I always seem to have drama in my life!

Oh that is just great to know - we are sailing on the Elation out of Mobile on May 15. I would like to know what this person died of. Yes, it's very sad and probably happens more than we know. However, I always seem to have drama in my life!

No drama. "Natural Causes" is all you're going to get, so I wouldn't worry too much as to what they died from. People die on cruises all the time. No big thing.

We had a gentleman die on our first cruise. He was taking one last trip with his wife. It happens, that is why there's a morgue on board. Not a big deal (I don't mean that in a disrepestful way, just in a it happens more than you think, not worth drama way).

No drama. "Natural Causes" is all you're going to get, so I wouldn't worry too much as to what they died from. People die on cruises all the time. No big thing.

that is the reason the ships have a morgue.

We had a gentleman die on our first cruise. He was taking one last trip with his wife. It happens, that is why there's a morgue on board. Not a big deal (I don't mean that in a disrepestful way, just in a it happens more than you think, not worth drama way).

Absolutely correct... it happens a lot and Carnival will not comment.

A woman died on board the Ecstasy the cruise before mine in February. Folks kept badgering John Heald on his blog for a cause of death. He politely declined to answer but I can tell you that he was getting tired of the question...

Unless it's something that effect others health like a contagious airborne disease or violent random act, it's not others business how or why someone died. Totally disrespectful for them to keep asking for their own morbid curiousity.

Think of it this way ... if you happened to die, would you want a whole boatload of people you don't know digging into your personal business? (I wouldn't.) Unless it's a public health threat (like a contagious disease) or a criminal investigation where they need your help, you don't *need* to know.

Thanks for the link. Sad news. Can't believe some idiot on there is already calling it a "death ship". With the number of people on board, people are going to die from time to time. Duh!

Perhaps because it is the second death on the Elation inside a year to hit the headlines.........

I never thought of cruise ships having morgues but it makes sense I guess. And, as my friend said - if it's your time to go, it's a good way!

Bon Voyage mr. passenger who just died on the Elation!

Unless it's something that effect others health like a contagious airborne disease or violent random act, it's not others business how or why someone died. Totally disrespectful for them to keep asking for their own morbid curiousity.

That is what I meant - if it is not of natural causes and may effect me then I want to know.

Kind of off the subject but does anyone believe ships are haunted?

Absolutely correct... it happens a lot and Carnival will not comment.

A woman died on board the Ecstasy the cruise before mine in February. Folks kept badgering John Heald on his blog for a cause of death. He politely declined to answer but I can tell you that he was getting tired of the question...

Yeah I saw him respond on no less than three occasions to people being nosy about why someone died. He needs to stop responding to them, period. None of your damn business, people. How would you like it if, God forbid, something happened to you or a loved one while on a cruise and all these people were coming out of the woodwork asking why your loved one died? And how would you feel if Carnival divulged that information to everyone?

how terrible for his family, but if there is a brighter side to it, at least it was on vacation! i hope thats not rude to say.

we sailed on the Elation for our honeymoon 2 1/2 years ago and it was a great ship and had a wonderful time. have no fear! ;)

A death on a cruise ship is an absolutely routine event. 14 MILLION people will cruise this year. Take any group of that many people and a death a week would seem a very small number.

Any death, when a person is not under a Doctor's care is investigated.

In 50 cruises, I know of half a dozen deaths on sailings I was on.

Archived