Search and rescue on the fantasy last week!

BuffaloMark

Anyone post about this yet?

I was there and can tell the story if it hasent been posted yet!

.....I'm sure you did a search and found no other threads.

Don't keep us waiting!

;)

wasiii

Cruising along in the middle of the gulf when the ship came to a complete stop (5 pm)! 10 minuites later the captin of the boat gave the order to launch a life boat and for Risa (Crappy criuise director) to come to the Bridge.

Risa came on the intercom and imformed us that the captin noticed a capsized boat (about a 19 ft fishing boat) on the left of the ship. The life boat seached the water for over an hour and found no survivors. At the time we were imformed that the boat was going to be taken into the ship. The opened up a side door and pulled it right in. And we went on our way!

Hate to hear there was a capsized boat, hopefully no fatalities. Not being an overly experienced cruiser, I am intrigued that a ship can just take on another boat.

p.s. Risa made our last cruise. If not for her I probably wouldn't consider carnival again. Great customer service to our family.

It was an aluminum flat bottom fishing skiff that had been in the water for a long time. Lots of algae growing inside and out. Speculation was that it came loose from a fishing boat while being towed. Risa at first said that it was going to be turned over to the port authorities in Cozumel. I went on the "Behind the Fun Tour" on the last sea day. The skiff was still on board down in the supplies holding area (not turned into the port authorities after all). Claimed as salvage, it will make a nice work boat for the ship. Interesting evolution and training exercise for the crew. Luckily the seas were dead calm while they were out picking the skiff up. It was a nice diversion from another wise very relaxing day at sea.

Oh, it is so good that all was OK and it was an old boat!!! But isn't grat that CARNIVAL would stop and render aid and assist when necessary -- even if it's mandated by maritime law, if it is, it still could have been ignored... but it was not.

I worried this might be Deepwater Horizon related...

Never cruised with Risa, but I do understand how some folks can love a CD and others think they are terrible. Personalities are all different. I think that's why I love to meet all the staff under the CD...

Hey... that's Ben Gardner's boat :rolleyes:

:D Was wondering if anyone would pick up on it.

There's not a day that goes by that I don't at least once.. quote that movie. It's one of our favorites, I could watch it everytime it's on. It has some of the best lines in it; great cast.. really a classic.

.........Risa (Crappy criuise director) to come to the Bridge.

!

Aren't you sorry you injected this?:D

As you can see, many of us have enjoyed having Risa Barnes as our CD. Very personable and happy gal!

Aren't you sorry you injected this?:D

As you can see, many of us have enjoyed having Risa Barnes as our CD. Very personable and happy gal!

So that's not an official title:confused:

:D Was wondering if anyone would pick up on it.

There's not a day that goes by that I don't at least once.. quote that movie. It's one of our favorites, I could watch it everytime it's on. It has some of the best lines in it; great cast.. really a classic.

Why, thank you :)

Showing my age here, but it was the first movie I was an "extra" in. It was such a great experience that I became hooked, so whenever there is filming in my area I always sign on as an extra for a day or two for kicks and giggles.

Archived