Celebrity or RCCL?

soleil125

Hi all,

We're looking at booking our first cruise and are torn between Celebrity and RCCL....Specifically, we are looking at the Celebrity Summit or RCCL Serenade. We're mid forties with an 8 year old daughter.

Also, a question regarding the ports of the Summit which are St. Croix, St Kitts, Grenada, Dominica and Tobago....I'd love to know people's thoughts on these ports as opposed to the more 'mainstream' ports of St. Thomas, St. Maarten, etc.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Hi all,

We're looking at booking our first cruise and are torn between Celebrity and RCCL....Specifically, we are looking at the Celebrity Summit or RCCL Serenade. We're mid forties with an 8 year old daughter.

Also, a question regarding the ports of the Summit which are St. Croix, St Kitts, Grenada, Dominica and Tobago....I'd love to know people's thoughts on these ports as opposed to the more 'mainstream' ports of St. Thomas, St. Maarten, etc.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Have been on the Summit twice (last time was 12/05) and the ship was in desperate need of some major refurbishment. Been on many RCCL ships as well - just not the Serenade. If I were you, I would check out the last time the Summit was refurbished and maybe it's gotten better - another thing to check on too: If you are wanting an upper berth for your daughter, make sure the room states "it has an upper berth." Otherwise, you will get stuck with a very small fold-out "chair" that's so small and not very comfortable. While they do have upper berths (Celebrity), they are not as plentiful as RCCL. If you end up booking an outside room, I believe you may have a small couch that folds out to a double-sized bed. The ports you mentioned though for the Summit sound great. St. Thomas of course is great for shopping but the other ports you mentioned have so much to offer as far as scenery and many things to do.

Archived