Camp Carnival, now what?

um5xno1

OK, I printed my forms, and completed the online registration. DD is 25 months. I have read there will be Camp Carnival staff in/near the lobby at embarkation to give DD her muster band, and to collect our paperwork. Do we still need to go to "orientation?"

Do we get the pager for the the entire 8 days, or only when she is at Camp Carnival?

Sorry for all the questions, we have been planning every aspect of this cruise except this area. As you can tell this is the first time we have a Camp-eligible youngster!

Thank you! I am not sure if the Freedom has pagers or phones. I have read that the newers ships have phones, but the paperwork has a line for the staff to enter a "beeper #." I am pretty sure that is just a fleet-wide form, and not ship-specfic.

The good news it that I find out in 9 days!

I have always seen the camp staff at the door during embarkation, but I have never seen them collect forms or give muster station bracelets during this time. Maybe I just missed that. You don't have to go to registration, but they do give out phones and schedules there so I usually just stop by and drop off my completed forms. It usually only takes 5 minutes. We've always received muster station bracelets at the muster drill.

We were on the Freedom last month and received a phone for the whole cruise. Make sure you bring the phone with you each and every time you go to check her in. They will not let her be checked in without seeing it each time. The phone comes in handy since you can call anywhere on the ship with it and friends can call you too.

We cruised with our son on Carnival when he was 2 years and 3 days old. He loved every second of it. He's three now and will be on his 11th cruise next month. If you have any questions about CC for the little ones, just ask.

SuperCoolOne - Were you able to avoid the build a bear on your cruise?

We too have received muster station bracelets at the muster station during the drill, not when boarding the ship. There will be Camp Carnival staff handing out information about Camp Carnival (including the time and place for the registration meeting) when you board, but they don't collect the forms at that time. We usually stop by the orientation to drop off forms.

The staff on the fascination may be more relaxed. We did not see camp staff at embarkation and I dropped our son off at least once when we had left the phone in the room and I just told them I was on my way there to get it and they were fine with that.

Archived