STILA Seatac to Pier 91 for family

karlsselindh

There have been various posts about using the Seatac limo/suv service to Pier 91 for groups too large for a taxi. It's been said that they're always there, just dial 55 from baggage claim, and the 2010 cost was about $60.

Well, I thought it would be reassuring to hear this directly from STILA, so I dialed the number on their website (206-919-1173):

http://www.portseattle.org/seatac/ground/taxi.shtml

The person who answered had a rather thick accent and I'm not totally sure we understood each other. I told him that our family of 4 was arriving on a Saturday morning at Seatac and needed transportation to Pier 91, and I wanted to know the cost and be sure that I could just show up and they would have a suitable vehicle available. He said that the cost would be $45 plus tip for a SUV, but that I should call a day in advance to tell them the arrival time of our flight so they could be sure to have the vehicle for us. Then we should call from baggage claim once we've arrived and they would pick us up.

Can anyone confirm this price and whether you should have a 1-day advance reservation for a STILA SUV?

There have been various posts about using the Seatac limo/suv service to Pier 91 for groups too large for a taxi. It's been said that they're always there, just dial 55 from baggage claim, and the 2010 cost was about $60.

Well, I thought it would be reassuring to hear this directly from STILA, so I dialed the number on their website (206-919-1173):

http://www.portseattle.org/seatac/ground/taxi.shtml

The person who answered had a rather thick accent and I'm not totally sure we understood each other. I told him that our family of 4 was arriving on a Saturday morning at Seatac and needed transportation to Pier 91, and I wanted to know the cost and be sure that I could just show up and they would have a suitable vehicle available. He said that the cost would be $45 plus tip for a SUV, but that I should call a day in advance to tell them the arrival time of our flight so they could be sure to have the vehicle for us. Then we should call from baggage claim once we've arrived and they would pick us up.

Can anyone confirm this price and whether you should have a 1-day advance reservation for a STILA SUV?

The Stila limo site has been down for a few days. I was at the airport yesterday. The limos are dispatched by the ground transportation dept not by Sila directly. The taxi assoc is a different entity than the limos. I'm thiniing you got a hold of the taxis. When I asked them the rate was $65 to Pier 91 and $45 to 66. Sometimes they charge more for 4 people. You don't normally prebook. A standard limo would easy carry 4 with luggage.

The Stila limo site has been down for a few days. I was at the airport yesterday. The limos are dispatched by the ground transportation dept not by Sila directly. The taxi assoc is a different entity than the limos. I'm thiniing you got a hold of the taxis. When I asked them the rate was $65 to Pier 91 and $45 to 66. Sometimes they charge more for 4 people. You don't normally prebook. A standard limo would easy carry 4 with luggage.

Yes, the Stila limo link hasn't been working for weeks. I wanted to see on their web site, direct from the source, what the cost was and whether they always had vehicles that could accommodate 4 people without an advance reservation.

I definitely dialed the number given on the above URL for Stila (the limo service), not Stita (the taxi). I even e-mailed the "contact us" link on that URL and asked about cost and reservation requirements, but I just got back a useless e-mail saying pier 91 is about 45 minutes from the airport and ground transportation information is available on their web site.

The Seatac/Port of Seattle web site and phone/e-mail contacts are not a very user-friendly source of information!!!

So, you're pretty sure that a standard limo would carry 4 people and they're always available?

Thanks for your help, davidgmg ...

We have 2 adults and 3 kids 9, 6, 2. Normally I would make plans for a limo service for round trip from SEATAC to Westin (arriving), and from Pier 91 to SEATAC (departing).

Since the limo service is apart of ground transportation at SEATAC do you recommend doing teh SEATAC limo on the fly when we get there. Then pre-book a limo service from Pier 91 to SEATAC when the cruise ends?

Or should we just book a roundtrip service? I was not sure if independent limos can pickup at the airport.

Thanks in advance.

BJ

I can safely assure you that you can get a limo at seatac 'on the fly'. You definitely need to prebook from pier 91 before you leave. when you get to the Westin I'd talk with the concierge and arrange a towncar pickup. That is always the safest recommendation vs picking one at random.

seatac ground transportation # is 206-787-5906

Dave,

I called teh number for the limo service at teh airport. The guy said their company was Northwest Limo, and SUV from SeaTac to Westin $55, and from Pier 91 to SeaTac $60. They were $35 cheaper than anyone esle I researched.

Does this sound right?

Any experience with them?

Thanks in advance.

BJ

I just flew out of Seatac today and had the STILA number but not with me. No that info doesn't sound right. Someone posted a link and I saw the NW limo. I doubt anything has changed in terms of company name etc but NW was not the 'official' company but they say that on their website. I won't be home till the 24th but when I fly in I'll check the info in Baggage claim.

• 1 year later...

I see this thread is old, however, my question is the same. Trying to get transportation for 4 adults from Seatac to Maxwell hotel, then for 8 adults on to Pier 91 and then 8 adults back to Seatac. I have gotten several quotes but have yet to speak with someone that I am positive understands what I am saying and likewise........and doesn't have a dog barking or child crying in the background. Did speak with someone at shuttleexpress that asked if I wanted to give her a quote and I said "No, that is what I called you for", then someone came on the line and said she was being trained........

from the airport you have absolutely no problem. They will send a car, van, suv or limo to fit your group. You don't have to prearrange. I'm going to guess the rate to the space needle will be $55 or so, a little more than to downtown. From the Maxwell its such a short distance I'd probably just juse two cabs. Perhaps the hotel will have a shuttle servide they can recommend. The reason your getting high rates is that from the airport its easy as the cars are there but when your asking from Space Needle, they have to send a car and the whole ride is less than 10 minutes. Prearranging from the pier is necessary.

I see this thread is old, however, my question is the same. Trying to get transportation for 4 adults from Seatac to Maxwell hotel, then for 8 adults on to Pier 91 and then 8 adults back to Seatac. I have gotten several quotes but have yet to speak with someone that I am positive understands what I am saying and likewise........and doesn't have a dog barking or child crying in the background. Did speak with someone at shuttleexpress that asked if I wanted to give her a quote and I said "No, that is what I called you for", then someone came on the line and said she was being trained........

We stay at the Maxwell most Seattle trips - they have a free shuttle service to *anywhere* within 3 miles, specifically including the piers, 8am-3:45pm. Contact them in advance to make sure the vehicle they're using will handle 8 adults and luggage - but I've found the service in the hotel to be excellent, I'm sure even if they only have the towncar available they'll make two trips for your group (especially if you tip generously - after all you'll be saving cab/limo fare for 8...).

I haven't used any of the limos though, so can't recommend anyone in particular for your Pier>Seatac leg.

I certainly appreciate both replies. I had read about the shuttle but didn't realize that the distance was so reasonable. I will definitely tip generously and see if we can make that happen! We will have 3 rooms there for 3 nights so hopefully we will make friends with the shuttle driver during that time:p. I guess we will try Stila from the airport, seems as reasonable as any place else and handy. Will work on the pier to the airport and wrap up the transportation issue.....now on to excursions...... Thanks again!!

Archived