Smoking: Holland America vs Celebrity

kelmac

Is Celebrity's new Smoking policy making you think you should switch to HAL?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Is Celebrity's new Smoking policy making you think you should switch to HAL?

• Yes, I'm a non-smoker and I may leave Celebrity and look at cruising Holland America
    • Yes, I'm a smoker and I may leave Celebrity and look at cruising Holland America
    • No, I'm a non-smoker and I have no plans to leave Celebrity for Holland America
    • No, I'm a smoker and I have no plans to leave Celebrity for Holland America

You are so very lucky I, or someone like me, was not your veranda neighbor. I would have asked nicely once, and ONLY once, for you to stop smoking on your balcony. From there, your cruise experience would have quickly deteriorated.
I din't even ask, just called guest relations and let them handle it, which they did. They came to our room within 5 minutes, checked with us to make sure we were the ones that called and promptly spoke to the smokers, and we were in port at the time.Guest relations called us back next day to make sure it hadn'r happened again. Wonderful!!!

I did not vote on your poll because you did not have a choice for me.:(

If you did, it would have been, "Are you considering Celebrity because of their strict smoking policies?" My answer would have been YES!

We have been on 18 cruises, but never on Celebrity. As a matter of fact this is the first time that I have ever read or posted on the Celebrity boards. The reason I am here is because we are considering a Celebrity cruise next January. I want to be able to enjoy a smoke free cabin and balcony!

I did not vote on your poll because you did not have a choice for me.:(

If you did, it would have been, "Are you considering Celebrity because of their strict smoking policies?" My answer would have been YES!

We have been on 18 cruises, but never on Celebrity. As a matter of fact this is the first time that I have ever read or posted on the Celebrity boards. The reason I am here is because we are considering a Celebrity cruise next January. I want to be able to enjoy a smoke free cabin and balcony!

I selected Holland America because they are in the same catagory (premium) and they compete for the same customer base.

My wife and I use to alternate between HAL and Celebrity, but my last two Holland America cruises had some issues, smoking being one of them.

The interesting thing, of the 274 people that responded to this poll, only 12% are thinking of leaving Celebrity. (88% plan to stay)

Over on the Holland America board, 338 people responded to this poll and 48% are thinking of leaving HAL. (52% plan to stay)

I think this is a valid enough sample to state: Celebrity's smoking policy is adding customers to their base and Holland America is on the negative side of this trend.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

As this poll is winding down here on the Celebrity boards, over on the Holland America boards it's still going strong.

On these boards (Celebrity) 297 people responded, with 12% not liking the smoking policy and thinking of moving over to HAL, however over on the Holland America boards 439 people responded, and a whopping 45% of HAL regulars are thinking of moving to Celebrity!

This "high road" Celebrity is traveling seems to be paying off!?!

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Archived