spa treatment

smudgie

The $99 port day special is called the Salon Sampler. It was advertised as only $89 this past Dec. though, so not sure which is the normal price.

It's not as easy to find on their literature, but they do offer a 50 minute Swedish massage for $119.00 plus tip. It's not a big moneymaker for them, so they hide it at the bottom of their printed material. The deep tissue massage and reflexology massage are the same price.

Other massages range from $129-$259 plus tip depending on what you get - a salt glow rub, hot stones, a bamboo massage (Ruby only I think), seaweed massage, etc. Some are for 50 minutes, while others are for 75 mins. or 100 mins.

What's a bamboo massage? I have always had a wonderful massage on princess though worth every penny!

"Imagine warm bamboo shoots of various sizes soaked in essential oil rolling, sliding and massaging your muscles. This gorgeously indulgent massage will revive your senses in a new and innovative way, inspiring the most relaxed state. Customized to your preference, our therapist will use deep tissue techniques or gentle strokes to melt away your tension and soothe your muscles into sweet oblivion. 50 minutes $159.00."

Sounded painful at the mention of "bamboo" in the title (flashes of that form or torture where they shove bamboo shards under your finger nails in Viet Nam war), but after reading the full description, it sounds delightful! ;)

"Imagine warm bamboo shoots of various sizes soaked in essential oil rolling, sliding and massaging your muscles. This gorgeously indulgent massage will revive your senses in a new and innovative way, inspiring the most relaxed state. Customized to your preference, our therapist will use deep tissue techniques or gentle strokes to melt away your tension and soothe your muscles into sweet oblivion. 50 minutes $159.00."

Sounded painful at the mention of "bamboo" in the title (flashes of that form or torture where they shove bamboo shards under your finger nails in Viet Nam war), but after reading the full description, it sounds delightful! ;)

OMG, I'm drooling....:p

They'll charge you a 15% tip automatically and wait for you to add more "if" you want. :cool:

I have never had a 15% charge added to my spa bill (I also usually go for one of the 20-20-20 offers which are very good value, especially when the last time my 60 minute treatments lasted about 90mins). I do take cash to give as a tip though, rather than add a gratuity to my on board account.

Enjoy whatever treatment you have.

Evil evil evil! I'm gonna have to get this on my cruise in October. It sounds absolutely divine. And considering one of my best friends is a massage therapist, thats saying a lot.

Evil evil evil! I'm gonna have to get this on my cruise in October. It sounds absolutely divine. And considering one of my best friends is a massage therapist, thats saying a lot.

As of last March, it was only available on the Ruby. Not sure if they've expanded it to other ships by now.

Archived