To kindle or not to kindle...

There are lots of options and good and bad for each device. We have 2 Kindles and an iPad at our house and had a Nook briefly for review purposes. We will be taking the Kindles on the cruises but will be leaving the iPad at home... why? In the sun, we call the iPad an iMirror and since we do not plan so spend much time in our cabins.... It seems like too much of a risk to take it if we will be unable to use it. ZERO glare for the Kindle, Sony or Nook... eInk is the way to go... IMO

I've been following all of your posts and just purchased my first Kindle and have had lots of fun downloading books for my cruise the end of the month. Thanks so much for everything that was said as you convinced me that it is worth it especially if you are going to be outside reading with the non glare. I will enjoy mine and I know you all enjoy yours.

• 1 month later...
What does everyone do with your Kindles/iPads when you go in the pool or ocean? I have been seriously considering getting one but this is a huge concern for me. We are a family of two and usually both go into the water at the same time. I guess I am not sure if this will actually save me from having to carry books with me.

I have a Nook and it looks just like any book when in its case.. When traveling or at the beach keep it in this little Nook Travel Bag by Borsa Bella. Then put it in my tote.

BorsaBellaBag2.jpg?t=1276626919

Archived