Queen Victoria 3-person cabins

olippold

We've got a 3-person cabin on the Queen Victoria (2 adults and a child) for a summer cruise - cabin 6044. I was wondering what the 3rd bed is like - does the sofa convert to a bed? Is the cabin any bigger than the standard balcony cabins? I'm assuming only certain cabins can have 3 people, as, when we booked, the choice of cabins wasn't that extensive. In fact 6044 is very close to a lift, which I was a bit concerned about, but I believe you can't hear them from the cabins - is that correct?

We've got a 3-person cabin on the Queen Victoria (2 adults and a child) for a summer cruise - cabin 6044. I was wondering what the 3rd bed is like - does the sofa convert to a bed? Is the cabin any bigger than the standard balcony cabins? I'm assuming only certain cabins can have 3 people, as, when we booked, the choice of cabins wasn't that extensive. In fact 6044 is very close to a lift, which I was a bit concerned about, but I believe you can't hear them from the cabins - is that correct?

Hi! The 3rd bed is the sofa bed that your cabin steward will make up into a bed each evening. The cabin is no bigger than the other balcony cabins, 6052 and 6049 are slightly bigger. The main difference between the 2 berth and 3 berth balcony cabins is the ability to use the sofa as a bed.

As the good Cap'n said, the cabins are fairly well insulated from the noise from the lifts as such, but you may occasionally hear rowdy people getting off the lifts, we didn't have a problem with this at all except on one night on our QV trip, and it really didn't disturb us.

The QV is a beautiful ship, we loved every minute on board.:)

Have a wonderful trip!

6044 A4 balcony cabin 3rd bed sofa type by balcony door, when it is made up it gets in the way of the door, all A class cabins are the same, location of cabin very good, being close to the lift is a blessing not a curse & they are silent.

Archived