MTD- Mariner of the Sea

Hi Tibbie,

We just did Mariner and MTD at the beginning of March. We simply stopped by the dining room every day and made our reservation...no big deal and very easy... we usually sat in the same area, and were lucky enough to end up with the same waitstaff for those nights. We also went to Chops one night and to the WJ another night (only because nothing on the menu grabbed us, and we just weren't in the mood for a big meal that nite).

It really worked well for us, because of the time difference between the East and West coasts...we're not big on early seating, and found that late was too late for us...so we usually made our reservations for around 730 (I think it was)..which worked fine for us...There's an hour timeframe that they ask you to avoid, but I don't remember when that was-it's to care for the turn over of the dining room.

Enjoy!

You can do it several different ways: make a standing reservation for the entire cruise, make reservations daily, or make no reservations at all and just show up! It's up to you--that's why they call it "My Time" dining!

Archived