Adventure Park, Zip Line & Snorkel Combo???

cruisinJenF

We did that excursion when we were on the Indy in January; we had the kids (21 & 15) and they LOVED it. It's not the same kind of zipline you see at other locations - meaning you are not zipping thru the canopy over the jungle or similar. Instead it's lines set up between/among 3 rock climbing towers (you have a chance to rock climb the outside of the towers before you climb up the inside of them to start the zipline course). As a result, the "ziplines" are very short compared to what you will see at "jungle" or "canopy" zipline tours. The course also consists of rope bridges etc., that you have to navigate to get thru the course. The course ends with a rappel down from one of the towers - in my case they dropped me fast and stopped me at the last minute which got the intended reaction (loud scream).

We had the benefit of being the first group to arrive and there were only 8 of us from the Indy = very personalized service. We had ALL the guides paying attention to us and the kids did several lines more than once. We then went off to snorkel and could then spend as much time at the beach/pool as we wanted before heading back to the ship. After we finished the "guided" snorkeling tour, the guys wanted to go again = that was not a problem either (just didn't have the benefit of the guide with the fish food). Buses from other ships started arriving about the time we finished the tower course and it started getting more crowded; by mid-day almost every beach chair was taken but still a nice option, IMHO.

Archived