Circumnavigation of Australia in 2012

luvcruisn'

Does anyone know is this is a possiblity in 2012? There was a HAL cruise around Australia in 2010, but only a partial one is scheduled for 2011. It's such a long way to go by air that I would like to do the circumnavigation rather than a partial.

Thanks.

Does anyone know is this is a possiblity in 2012? There was a HAL cruise around Australia in 2010' date=' but only a partial one is scheduled for 2011. It's such a long way to go by air that I would like to do the circumnavigation rather than a partial.

Thanks.[/quote']

I asked our future cruise consultant that same question on the Maasdam in April and she said that if enough of us express interest, who knows. She had no information about any specific plans, but we can always hope.

We had hoped to do the circumnavigation and then rent a motorhome for another month (or so!) and return to the areas that interested us the most after having seen them from the ship ports of call.

So we will travel to other areas in the mean time and hope that they will reinstate the cruise so we can book our dream.:)

I just did this cruise on the Volendam and it was a fantastic itinerary. I know they surveyed us at the end asking how we rated each of the individual ports so that would indicate they are thinking about it I would think. Hope you get a chance to do it.

I just did this cruise on the Volendam and it was a fantastic itinerary. I know they surveyed us at the end asking how we rated each of the individual ports so that would indicate they are thinking about it I would think. Hope you get a chance to do it.

Hi Tamara,

See you made it home safe and sound or are you off on another adventure? Have a picture of you and the kuaka that I'll send along one day. I agree that it was a fantastic itinerary. Only wish we had more time in Perth and Adelaide. It would do it all over again. Carole

I know they had a lot of trouble filling this cruise.

Holland America may do something like this again when they send another ship downunder which there has been talk of. I was also told they may base one of the ships out of Western Australia and concentrate on doing cruises to Asia.

I think it would be nice if they could send some different ships downunder.

Archived