Stupid Me

So this is my first cruise and I did something stupid. lol I checked in online at least a month ago, but didn't print out my docs cause knowing me I'd lose them. unfortunately I ddin't see that they needed to be printed out 3 days before hand, I figured it just had to be done 3 days before. Now I can't print out my sail pass. How will this affect me when I go to the pier??????? and please no being mean I already realize what a dumb error it was on my part.:o

So this is my first cruise and I did something stupid. lol I checked in online at least a month ago, but didn't print out my docs cause knowing me I'd lose them. unfortunately I ddin't see that they needed to be printed out 3 days before hand, I figured it just had to be done 3 days before. Now I can't print out my sail pass. How will this affect me when I go to the pier??????? and please no being mean I already realize what a dumb error it was on my part.:o

No problem, it'll just take an extra couple of minutes at check in.

I see you are not getting many answers. I guess most of us have not done this. So, my guess is they will let you board, but it will delay you a little. Once you get past check in, you will be the same as all the rest of us, so relax.

Relax!! It really isn't a big deal. When you get to the pier have your passports (or birth certificates, marriage certificates and other required documents),credit card for sign and sail and your reservation information. If you did it online, than it is probably in the system and won't be a problem at all. Biggest thing is it might take you 2 more minutes to check in.

Hint for the future. Once I start planning a cruise I print out all important info and put it into a brightly colored folder. One of those folders that when you open it up it has pockets on both sides. Then the week before I make sure it has passports in it as well as plane tickets. It is one of the first things I pack and being OCD, I check about 100 times that it is packed and has every important paper pertaining to the trip in it.

Relax!! It really isn't a big deal. When you get to the pier have your passports (or birth certificates, marriage certificates and other required documents),credit card for sign and sail and your reservation information. If you did it online, than it is probably in the system and won't be a problem at all. Biggest thing is it might take you 2 more minutes to check in.

Hint for the future. Once I start planning a cruise I print out all important info and put it into a brightly colored folder. One of those folders that when you open it up it has pockets on both sides. Then the week before I make sure it has passports in it as well as plane tickets. It is one of the first things I pack and being OCD, I check about 100 times that it is packed and has every important paper pertaining to the trip in it.

Are you sure only a hundred times. Most of us check more than that.

First, please note that RCI does website maintenance every Saturday night/Sunday morning where many features of its website get disabled for a few hours. So there is a possibility you might still be able to print out your set sail pass for your cruise on the Grandeur even though it is less than 3 days away.

Second, like Florida Scorpion posted, without the set sail pass, it should just take a few extra minutes at check-in. But if you are really concerned, you can call RCI later this morning and see if they can email you the form.

Third, relax and have a great cruise!

OK...Call us Stupid Me 2.......Our last Cruise on the Radiance OTS out of San Diego last December......We got to the pier and realized we did not even register......after 27 cruises you would think we would have this down PAT!!!.......took an extra 5 minutes tops.....No sweat.....You will be there with a lot of others that did the same thing.....Have Fun....But please do not do what we did about 2 years ago.

We got to the Pier and some how forgot the Passports......we were told...See those Couches...we said yes....sit down and we will bring your luggage to you in about 45 minutes.....you will not be sailing with us.....So SAD STORY......DO NOT FORGET YOUR PASSPORTS....Everything else is a piece of Cake! :eek:

Mike and Bill

OK...Call us Stupid Me 2.......Our last Cruise on the Radiance OTS out of San Diego last December......We got to the pier and realized we did not even register......after 27 cruises you would think we would have this down PAT!!!.......took an extra 5 minutes tops.....No sweat.....You will be there with a lot of others that did the same thing.....Have Fun....But please do not do what we did about 2 years ago.

We got to the Pier and some how forgot the Passports......we were told...See those Couches...we said yes....sit down and we will bring your luggage to you in about 45 minutes.....you will not be sailing with us.....So SAD STORY......DO NOT FORGET YOUR PASSPORTS....Everything else is a piece of Cake! :eek:

Mike and Bill

OUCH!!!:eek:

I'm geographically challenged so have no idea how far your hometown is to port (if you were sailing out of San Diego) but PLEASE tell me someone was able to get your passports to you in time for you to board!!!??? If not, man I can't imagine how bad you must of felt. Wow.

I loved RCCL one time also. You won't love them so much if a volcano blows up in the middle of the ocean and you and many others can't make it to the embarkation point. Then try to deal with customer service, who basically tells you too bad, and finishes with "have a wonderful day though...is there anything else I can do for you?"

Good luck on your present cruise. As others have said, it should be no problem to check-in. Enjoy your cruise, no matter what.

Passports are the last thing I check that we have as we are backing out of the driveway. Then I tell Hubby - "We have the passports. Don't know if we have anything else but we have the passports."

Thank you so much for your replies! I really appreciate it :) I know I'm just overreacting since its my first cruise and I don't have any idea what to expect. these boards have been really helpful I don't know what I'd do without them.

now its time to relax and just enjoy my vacation right

Mike and Bill

Did you miss the cruise???? :eek: Or were you able to get your passports in time????

because my dw and dd totally overpack, we take one suitcase for shoes only. years ago we forgot that suitcase at home. Needless to say, we spent our first day in st. thomas buying shoes for everyone. Nice to look back and laugh now, but at the time my dw put all the blame on me of course.

As others have said, there is no need to worry. Just bring your passport (or certified birth certificate and driver's license) and the credit card you are securing your onboard acct against, and they'll check you in. No problem.

Archived