November cruise - but where to go???

Hi,

Planning our next cruise (me, hubby, and two children 17 & 20) but with work and one thing and another we can't get away until November 2010. If you couldn't go until November where would you choose? Think the Med/Europe will be out of the question as we do want somewhere warm and sunny.

We are still pretty much new to cruising having only sailed for the 1st time on Indy in the Med last Sept (absolutely fab!).

Thanks for any help

Kaz (Manchester, UK)

Hi!

Well, if it were me, I'd seriously consider the 10 Night Ultimate Caribbean & Panama sailing on Jewel of the Seas.

That time of year the first thing that popped into my head was a full Panama Canal Transit but I believe RCI will only be having one going Eastbound this year and it is in late September/early October.

The 10 night on Jewel would be a good alternative, I think. It sails from Ft. Lauderdale on November 12 and the pricing looks pretty good.

Like I said, if it were me, that's the one I would look at.

I hope you find one you like and have a wonderful time, wherever you choose to sail.

**Edit to add...**

I just noticed that there is an 11 night Ultimate Caribbean & Panama sailing on Jewel that leaves Ft. Lauderdale on November 22 as well...

Hi!

Well, if it were me, I'd seriously consider the 10 Night Ultimate Caribbean & Panama sailing on Jewel of the Seas.

That time of year the first thing that popped into my head was a full Panama Canal Transit but I believe RCI will only be having one going Eastbound this year and it is in late September/early October.

The 10 night on Jewel would be a good alternative, I think. It sails from Ft. Lauderdale on November 12 and the pricing looks pretty good.

Like I said, if it were me, that's the one I would look at.

I hope you find one you like and have a wonderful time, wherever you choose to sail.

**Edit to add...**

I just noticed that there is an 11 night Ultimate Caribbean & Panama sailing on Jewel that leaves Ft. Lauderdale on November 22 as well...

There is a 15 Night Panama Canal cruise from San Diego to Tampa leaving on Sept. 24, 2010.

There is another 15 Night Panama Canal cruise from Tampa to San Diego leaving on April 30, 2010.

some of my ideas.. if i was from uk and wanted a cruise in novemeber. there is 4 or 5 transatlantic that will finish you cruise in warm weather if you were looking it help on air fare... australia would be another opton I would like to do that be warm to as it is beginning there summer.. and final option if only caribbean i would do one of the ultimate caribbean on the jewel.. really great shipp

HI were cruising on Explorer of the seas 7th of November 12 nights southern caribbean out of Newyork with overnight hotel cruise is going to labadee. samona in dominican rep, st thomas, st maarteen, st kitts and antuiga then back to NY we booked with thomas cook check out price very good deals:)

It depends how warm you want it. Last year we went on a RCCL Med cruise from Venice the end of November, arriving in Lisbon on the 1st of December. Yes, it was foggy in Venice and therefore not too warm, but in Corfu and Sardinia the temp was still about 23 °C. It was sunny, and sitting on a terrace in the sun was actually hot. In Cadiz and Lisbon it rained, so it was about 17°C, but we heared that the day before the temperatures were still very good (read: 22-24°C). We personally do not like hot-hot-hot, so for us it was ideal. Because of my white english skin, I do not go to the beach anyrate. We live in the mountains, where there is already snow in November, so for us the difference in temperature is more than 20° compared to home. I do realise that we have been lucky and it could have been 12°C for the whole 10 days.

Cost can be another issue. I have no idea what kind of budget you have. I for one would not know where to find the money for a ticket to Australia, Panama or San Diego, like some suggested here. With all the budget airlines like Easyjet and Ryanair flying to Med destinations, your holiday is bound to be cheaper than flying long haul. Also cruises in the Med are heavily discounted in November because of the temperatures. It does involve a compromise on temperature though. The other consideration could be a cruise to Marrocco, Egypt, Israel or the Canary Islands, that is slightly warmer. Costa does great cruises in November out of Shark El Sheikh to Jordan and Israel. Be careful with transatlantic cruises, the one way airfare back to Europe could kill you. We have considered transatlantic, but although they are very cheap we found out that the flight is often the same or even more than the cruise (even when talking about a 19 day cruise). So check airfares before you book!

Does it have to be RCCL? There are lots of cruiselines out there and November is a great time for great deals, since most of the world is not on holiday at that time of the year. We however found that American and Caribbean cruises were extremely expensive around Thanksgiving (25th of November in 2010) and we could not find a hotel anywhere in Florida around that time. That could be a consideration not going on a cruise there. If you go on a non-American cruiseline, like for example Thompson, P&O, Costa or MSC you would not have that problem in the same extent, since there will not be many Americans on board who have a holiday at that time of year.

Archived