November 2010 cruise-but where to go?

Kazzykins

Hi,

Planning our next cruise (me, hubby, and two children 17 & 20) but with work and one thing and another we can't get away until November 2010. If you couldn't go until November where would you choose?

Think the Med/Europe will be out of the question as we do want somewhere warm and sunny and will try any ship (but we confess to liking the big ships:D)

We are still pretty much new to cruising having only sailed for the 1st time on Indy (Royal Caribbean) in the Med last Sept (absolutely fab!).

Thanks for any help

Kaz (Manchester, UK)

At that time of the year a main option will be the caribbean. The weather is great at that time of the year (well it has been when we've been)

We were on Ventura 20th November last year and had a great time. We flew to Barbados and visited loads of islands from St Lucia, Grananda, St Kitts, St Maarten, Antigua, Tortola, Aruba, Curacao and St Vincent.

It was just the two of us and we have very fond memories of the cruise and are deciding where to go to next :)

definately agree, it has to be the carribean, we went ther in November 2007, and in January this year, and we are booked to go again next november, and your children will love it. We had all 3 of ours with us, and their partners ( in their 20,s) and they loved it. You can,t beat the weather, its easy to go anywhere by taxi..(and reasonable) if you don't want to do the ship tours, and you will meet some really nice characters along the way. I am sure you will not be disappointed, and either Ventura or Azura that will be out there this year are lovely ships.

We celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary onboard Ventura in November 2008. We were in the Caribbean and had a fantastic time. A word of warning though - it's classed as the end of the hurricane season and it tipped it down when we were in St Lucia (our Anniversary Day!!). But we also had some great weather - Aruba stands out as being so hot it was almost unbearable it was so humid.

Ann

We are in a similar situation , we have just returned last week from 14 days round the med on Ventura which was our first cruise and we loved it so we are now planning our next one probably for october / november this year, the Caribean looks like the best option to us , if you like the big ships then i would recomend the Ventura or its sister ship the Azura . As i said we have only done the one cruise so far so we have nothing to compare it with but based on our recent experience i would rate both P&O and the Ventura very highly.

We did a fly cruise to the eastern Med the first week in Nov a few years ago and the weather was pleasantly warm (early 70's f). The Canary Islands should be OK too. Otherwise; unless you want to go to the Red Sea or Far East, I would join the other posters and recommend the Caribbean. We have been early Nov and the weather was good, cloudy for a time on some islands, the odd heavy rain shower but overall pretty good. You can also get some great deals pre-Christmas as Christmas and onwards are the peak cruising season.

Archived