C&A and booking onbaord q's...

Hi all,

Hoping you can help me. We have 2 previous cruises with Royal - both 7 nighters (Alaska and Mediterranean). We are already booked for another 7 nighter onboard Liberty in September(Caribbean). We are considering booking a 12 night Alaskan cruise on Radiance for May 2011. 2 questions come from this - The 12 nighter will mean we gain 2 cruise credits - meaning we will have a total of 5 - elevating us to Platinum I believe. My question - do we get the platinum perks on board the 12 night Alaskan cruise in May, or the next cruise we take?

My next question - we are considering doing the May 2011 cruise (really waiting for the airfares to come out to see if we can afford to go) but the prices are very reasonable now. We have never booked on board (been tempted!) but understand you need to pay a deposit and you get on board credit as a perk. So my question - is there a way to book/guarantee price now and then pay on board to still get the perks on booking on board?? I'm thinking probably not but thought I'd ask!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Carly:)

Hi all,

Hoping you can help me. We have 2 previous cruises with Royal - both 7 nighters (Alaska and Mediterranean). We are already booked for another 7 nighter onboard Liberty in September(Caribbean). We are considering booking a 12 night Alaskan cruise on Radiance for May 2011. 2 questions come from this - The 12 nighter will mean we gain 2 cruise credits - meaning we will have a total of 5 - elevating us to Platinum I believe. My question - do we get the platinum perks on board the 12 night Alaskan cruise in May, or the next cruise we take?

My next question - we are considering doing the May 2011 cruise (really waiting for the airfares to come out to see if we can afford to go) but the prices are very reasonable now. We have never booked on board (been tempted!) but understand you need to pay a deposit and you get on board credit as a perk. So my question - is there a way to book/guarantee price now and then pay on board to still get the perks on booking on board?? I'm thinking probably not but thought I'd ask!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Carly:)

1. You achieve Platinum status after you have COMPLETED the fifth cruise credit. So the answer there is no, you will not be Platinum until after your 12 night cruise. (I am assuming that none of your cruises has been in a JS or larger)

2. You can book now and then RE-book on board, but you will definitely not have any price guarantee. You would have to re-book at the current price, which may or may not have changed. You would also risk losing your specific cabin in the process, if that is important to you.

1. You achieve Platinum status after you have COMPLETED the fifth cruise credit. So the answer there is no, you will not be Platinum until after your 12 night cruise. (I am assuming that none of your cruises has been in a JS or larger)

2. You can book now and then RE-book on board, but you will definitely not have any price guarantee. You would have to re-book at the current price, which may or may not have changed. You would also risk losing your specific cabin in the process, if that is important to you.

From our own experiences, support your comments and input for charliegirlac .

Re point 2, what you would be doing is cancelling, and rebooking ..

Weigh up the advantage you may get.. (or the implications) A new booking on board generally also has the advantage of a $100USD deposit. If you booked thru and agent, you may also incur cancellation fee on the first reservation..

Sue and Phil

Archived