Athens

cycle

Could anyone please advise on the cost of a taxi from the ship to Athens .

The going rate seems to be:

25-30 Euros for cruise ship passengers and

12-15 Euros for everyone else.

Do you need to add an additional tip if you are being charged an inflated cruise-ship-passenger fare? NO.

We paid 22 Euros for 4 from the cruise terminal to the The Plaka. And about 15 Euros for 2 when we returned. They either have a surcharge from the pier or they punch in a higher fare category in my opinion.

just to let you know that the metro from Piraeus--Athens or vice versa is only 1 euro (good for 90 minutes for buses and metro)

we met people from the cruise ships who had paid for a taxi ride in from the pier and were surprised that we did it for 1 euro per person

Green Line: there is construction going on so expect to be bused for part of the way

just to let you know that the metro from Piraeus--Athens or vice versa is only 1 euro (good for 90 minutes for buses and metro)

we met people from the cruise ships who had paid for a taxi ride in from the pier and were surprised that we did it for 1 euro per person

Green Line: there is construction going on so expect to be bused for part of the way

According to this notice from Line 1's website, it appears that there is no more construction causing riders to/from Piraeus to take a bus from one station to the next (prior notices specifically identified the construction and the bus routes riders would have to take).

We paid 22 Euros for 4 from the cruise terminal to the The Plaka. And about 15 Euros for 2 when we returned. They either have a surcharge from the pier or they punch in a higher fare category in my opinion.

I am assuming the fare was not prearranged and you payed what the meter showed.

The only way to know if you are on the correct tariff is to look at the

meter up front and try to locate the tariff indicator on it .

Its not difficult to figure out as it will be either a 1 or 2 at one of the corners.Usually lower left,but many types of meters are used.

This number should be lit and it should be on 1.

If its on 2 this means you are on the "double tariff",as they call it,which is the late night rate.

Its not really double but you get the idea.

Don't be shy let him know about it.

I have a friend that likes to pull out his camera and take a photo of

the meter and the driver's id on the dash if they ignore him or pretend they do not understand what he says in English.

Could anyone please advise on the cost of a taxi from the ship to Athens .

There are plenty of cabs at the port offering trips in to the city. Always haggle before you take one. We were quoted from 140 euros and down for 4 people. In the end we agreed on 20, but coming back using the meter it was about 15.

I'm glad I caught a cab, as after climbing the acropolis, visiting the acropolis museum, walking to the square and Plaka, I was totally exhausted.

For the not so young and fit, a cab is probaby the best option.

Archived