Early Saver question

Lowie

Im having a brain freeze too, I mean drink of the day. Dont know why I thought they were DOH, but DOD I guess is right, sorry.

I just thought you were meaning DOH as Drink of the Hour with that much on board credit. :D

i booked an early saver fare which is now about $600 less than what i paid, but my travel agent isn't open until tomorrow. If the price goes up before they get my email/voicemail, but i've shown proof of the lower price, can they still get me the reduction? Is it always in the form of an onboard credit?

If its on the Carnival website, they Know its there (or if it goes up, that it *was* there) so just not the time you saw it, your TA has 2 days to get it to them, at least thats what mine told me. (just make sure its not a 'special for new bookings only'--but even so, they would let the TA know)

Good luck...600 bucks is a nice chunk of change!!

:)

I just thought you were meaning DOH as Drink of the Hour with that much on board credit. :D

lol thats all I could come up with too for DOH. Id be so drunk if I ordered one drink an hour all day all cruise long... Id never get up for any excursions from the hang overs...that's a lot of drinking.

well, i'm still waiting to see what my OBC will be... although now my TA tells me that i lose the OBC they gave me and the 'romance package' because they are making less commission. like i'll really care!! i think my original OBC was $25!

If its the Romance at Sea package, the wine (Korbel, sparkeling Wine) is worth more the $25 anyway

Altho, the TA should not penilize you because the price dropped ...

:rolleyes:

Carnival's price monitoring isn't easy, but it's a walk in the park compared to getting insurance companies to pay.

I have to be pretty darn sick to go to a doctor because I know I'm going to face piles of paperwork and make phone call after phone call just to get Aetna's "customer service" people off their butts. :mad:

If its the Romance at Sea package, the wine (Korbel, sparkeling Wine) is worth more the $25 anyway

Altho, the TA should not penilize you because the price dropped ...

:rolleyes:

The TA is cutting into their commission to give OBC and/or perks. Its pretty common if the price drops, (the TAs commission of course drops), so they withdraw some or all of the perks.

Id still take the price drop, the TA can do what they want.

The TA is cutting into their commission to give OBC and/or perks. Its pretty common if the price drops, (the TAs commission of course drops), so they withdraw some or all of the perks.

Id still take the price drop, the TA can do what they want.

Wow....The more I read stuff like this, the more I LOVE mine!!!

~just sayin~

well, i got emails back for both of my ES price drops.. both of which were booked with the same TA.. on the BIG one i got a standard email that my TA has to handle the transaction and i should contact them (which i have and they are awaiting a response) and the cheaper one (october) it tells me that an OBC has been issued and i will receive another email with the amount.

so weird.. is there a place on the carnival website to check OBC's?

well, i got emails back for both of my ES price drops.. both of which were booked with the same TA.. on the BIG one i got a standard email that my TA has to handle the transaction and i should contact them (which i have and they are awaiting a response) and the cheaper one (october) it tells me that an OBC has been issued and i will receive another email with the amount.

so weird.. is there a place on the carnival website to check OBC's?

since you booked with a TA you cant see it any other place other than your edocs, once you make final payment.

only if you book direct is there a place to see OBC.

an update if anyone is following this thread still. i ended up with a $510 OBC from carnival due to the price drop plus my original $100 from my TA (although we don't get the 'romance package' from the TA but who cares). our friends that we are travelling with got $350, plus their original $100. they have one less person... so, for us the early saver really was worth it!

24 days to go before i have to figure out how to spend my lovely OBC.

ES is a marketing ploy, just like the Book Now, summer rates are going up, scam.

Carnival is hedging their lowest price bet by crossing their fingers that customers won't follow up on rate drops.

Big business at it's best. When you understand they are not looking out for your best interest MORE than they are looking out for their own best interest, the better off you are. Is the ethical/moral/etc? Probably not, but that's big business these days.

I agree.

I don't get the cheers for OBC, after all it's your own money converted to Carnival credit. I don't think I could or would want to spend $500 on board. Do they refund the rest in cash after the cruise?

congratuats enjoy your cruise i am sure it will be fun spending your obc.

I booked through a pvp not paid in full yet but i cant see my obc i looked at modify booking and nothing shows up. where would it be.

i know i have obc from my carnival credit card and carnival stocks

I agree.

I don't get the cheers for OBC, after all it's your own money converted to Carnival credit. I don't think I could or would want to spend $500 on board. Do they refund the rest in cash after the cruise?

When I booked my cruise it became CCl's money. When the price dropped and I got an OBC it became mine again.

From what I understand, OBC is used first, then other payment is used. And from everything I have read here, any unused OBC is given back to me at the end of the cruise.

I agree.

when i booked this cruise i was happy with the price i paid and fully intended on paying that amount, so to me the reduction and OBC is a bonus. and trust me i can easily go through the money. we have tips to pay, sun king restaurant for hubby's b-day, a drink card for my son, a few t-shirts and before you know it the money is gone.

When I booked my cruise it became CCl's money. When the price dropped and I got an OBC it became mine again.

From what I understand, OBC is used first, then other payment is used. And from everything I have read here, any unused OBC is given back to me at the end of the cruise.

i have heard that they give you any remaining money back as well. i'm not worried about it though.

I am going to book our cruise for next year by the end of the week. Where can I get more information about Early Saver and monitoring the prices? I am doing my booking online by myself.

Archived