Fun Ship Dollars

kris12

I'm just a bit confused on the Fun Ship Dollars, the letter I received with the certificate says that I must Mail it to carnival with my booking number to receive on board credit but I was under the impression that I could take the certificate to the Purser's desk and have it applied to my account there. Anyone have any experience with this? I was thinking this would be a good way to have my incidentals paid for before I went.

I'm just a bit confused on the Fun Ship Dollars, the letter I received with the certificate says that I must Mail it to carnival with my booking number to receive on board credit but I was under the impression that I could take the certificate to the Purser's desk and have it applied to my account there. Anyone have any experience with this? I was thinking this would be a good way to have my incidentals paid for before I went.

Funship dollars must be redeemed at least 2 weeks prior to your cruise... they have to be sent in to the address listed on them... make sure to send them in as early as possible and also make sure to send them either by registered mail or fedex etc so you can track them in case they dont show up...

You can try to take them to the pursers desk to redeem them BUT the rule is that you send it in before hand... you are taking a risk if you decide not to do that... It is up to the pursers discretion to accept them or not. Unfortunately you could have just applied the credit directly to your account without actually having Fun Ship dollars mailed to you.

Funship dollars must be redeemed at least 2 weeks prior to your cruise... they have to be sent in to the address listed on them... make sure to send them in as early as possible and also make sure to send them either by registered mail or fedex etc so you can track them in case they dont show up...

You can try to take them to the pursers desk to redeem them BUT the rule is that you send it in before hand... you are taking a risk if you decide not to do that... It is up to the pursers discretion to accept them or not. Unfortunately you could have just applied the credit directly to your account without actually having Fun Ship dollars mailed to you.

I don't go until April 10th so I have plenty of time, how do I go about applying credit directly?

I don't go until April 10th so I have plenty of time, how do I go about applying credit directly?

Well, you can actually call and just ask to apply credit directly from your credit card... skipping the process of getting the funship dollars mailed to you... if youve already purchased them.. its too late, but if you were going to purchase more, just call Carnival and tell them you want to purchase ship board creditd directly to your credit card...

I receieved a load of funship dollars for Christmas- I am not sending them in but taking them to the Pursers desk. ( will be cruising in February so will let you know how that goes)

I also added money on my ship board account by calling 1-800-906-7603

you have to place certain increments...like 50, 75-100

I have prepaid my dining at Nick & Noras and also prepaid my tips this way.

I sailed a week ago and again,just like my past 5 CCL cruises,I have taken them to the pursers with no problem.At the end of the cruise I always have to go to the pursers and get a check or cash back for the amount I do not use.

Steve

Since the funship dollars specifically say that you must redeem them by turning them in to carnival ahead of time, I wouldn't take the risk.. I have personally seem some one refused use of the Fun Ship dollars for that exact reason at the pursers desk.. also a very good friend of mine who is in an administrative position at Carnival has told me that it is up to the purser and that as stated ON the certificates, they are technically supposed to be redeemed as instructed.. she said that its at the discretion of the purser if they choose to accept them or not, but that they dont have to...

Archived