Dining on VOS: First and Second Seatings

If we have first seating and want to see the production shows in the Theater, do we have to attend the first show, or can we attend either? I came across a thread that had the Compass Daily Planner, and next to the production show on some evenings, it states main seating or second seating. That would seem fair so as not to overcrowd the second show for those who have second seating. But how do they control that? And what if we're seeing some other entertainment and choose to see the later production show? I've only been on NCL & Princess where dining is by choice, resulting in total freedom for the evening. I don't know if I'll be able to adjust to a set schedule each evening but always wanted to try RCCL and the Voyager class of ships and for disembarkation port convenience. Also, what's better, first or second seating? With first seating, will we be rushed? What time do we need to leave the dining room for second seating passengers? And if we choose second seating, is service slower because we're the last to dine? Please help! Thanks so much.

CADreamin'

Also, has anyone ever requested a table for 2 throughout the cruise and gotten it with no problems? Or do they frown on that? I was told to request it with the maitre d' when we board and slip him a tip. What would it take to get a table for 2? And for breakfasts and lunches, if we choose the dining rooms, do you get seated with others, or would the requested table for 2 be for every meal you choose to eat in the dining room throughout the cruise? Is it just the dining rooms where you have to sit with other passengers, or does that apply to any dining facility? It's an anniversary cruise, and we'd like our privacy at mealtimes. Thanks.

We were just on the Vision a few weeks ago. You will love her. As far

as the shows go. We had late seating and usually the show was while

the first seating was eating. And then they reverse it, while the late

seating was eating you were at the show. If you chose to eat elsewhere

you could go to either show because there were plenty of seats to be

had. In fact, the ony night the show lounge was full was during the

late night comedian. He was pretty good. In the dining room I did

see a few tables for two people. I know this is your anniverary cruise

and you want it to be just you and your spouse but I personally would

get kind of board after while with just my spouse to talk to. We have

have met excellant table mates that have really added to our cruise

experience and we keep in contact with them still. Anyway, that's only

my opinion. Be sure you request the table you want with your travel

agent. When you get on board go to the dining room and check out

your table. If it's not to your liking talk to the matre d.

We loved our cruise. Enjoy.

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't as clear about the ship. When I wrote "VOS", I didn't realize there were two starting with the letter "V". I was actually referring to Voyager. I would imagine the guidelines you gave would also apply to the Voyager. Thanks again.

Archived