Disembarking at Port Canaveral

prizm8

Hi:

Going out on the Mariner next Sunday. Thinking about moving our flight time out of Orlando up to 11:30 on the 13th. Can anyone relate how long it takes to clear customs and get baggage?? Thanks!

It's hit or miss in terms of getting off the ship. Would recommend doing a self-disembarkation (carrying your own luggage off) and arranging for your own transportation at the pier would be the only safe way to be sure you made your flight on time.

I personally wouldn't book a flight that early, that seems too tight a connection window. Remember, it will take you 35-45 minutes to get to the airport once you are in the cab/shuttle.

If you do choose the 11:30 departure, I would suggest either going down to the purser's desk and getting the color luggage tags for first group disembarkation, or taking your own bags off (not my first choice).

We disembark P. Canaveral on 3/27, our flight out is about 2 PM. We won't need to rush, we'll be able to have a leisurely lunch at the airport.

IMHO, that's cutting it too close!

The drive to MCO is more that 30-45 minutes; I'd day closer to an hour, depending on traffic. Domestic flights now require arrival at the airport 2 hrs. before flight departure. That means that you would have to be on your way to the airport no later than 8:30 or so.

I don't know if RCCL has self-debark but Carnival does. Ironically, we just booked a cruise out of Port Canaveral and our flight is at 11:30 a.m. as well. I have made arrangements with ARt's shuttle to pick us up and they have indicated they will be there at 8:00 a.m. It's $55 for up to 3 people and there is no waiting for the shuttle to fill, etc. It's going to be tight for us but we are prepared.

I just returned from Mariner of Sea on Sunday, Feb.13th, they did have carry your own luggage off, which was called at 7AM, we were the first color off, and were called at 7:15AM, and was in our car at 7:30AM things went very smooth, but doesnt always do this.

Archived