RCI Jewel or Celebrity Eclipse

rcha

Which ship do I choose.

We like "open dining" so can choose when, where and with whom we eat.

Do not want NCL as completed 3 cruises with them.

Like casual but quality. Both ships have an aft cbin with similar north european itinary.

Which one should I choose? Any advice most welcome especially re quality, cabins and food.

Thanks

Celebrity food is also much better than food on RCI. In my subjective opinion, RCI has the most mediocre food of any line (HAL, Princess, Celebrity, Carnival) in it's category. Except for that, though, RCI competes quite well in Entertainment, activities, and ship quality. Again, this is my personal opinion. Others might disagree vehemently.

If you like casual with quality........pick the Jewel. And I have not been on the Eclipse. Unless the other posters have been on both they really can't compare.......just wanted to let you know I HAVE NOT BEEN ON ECLIPSE although I have sailed the Infinity.

The Jewel is a great Radiance class ship and casual by crusining standards, at least by my experience............Probably you won't go wrong with either ship.

Let us know what you decide.

Haven't been on the Celebrity ship but the Jewel is fantastic. Our family sailed the Jewel in Europe and it was perfect. Lots of things to do on the ship. Very relaxed, very comfortable, lots of places to just hide out and read/relax and look at the water/nap!!! Beautiful ship! My two cents:D

I have sailed on Jewel as well as a sister ship of Eclipse (Equinox). Both are great ships, but Jewel is definitely the more casual of the two - so it may be the best option for you. While the main dining room food is adequate quality for most people, you really need to step up to a specialty restaurant for high quality meals. Both ships have multiple specialty restaurants, so if you are willing to pay a bit extra you will be able to have a couple of really nice dinners. The service should be about equal on both ships. While the Eclipse is newer and will have a bit more of an upscale and elegant feel, Jewel is still very nice and will provide a more casual overall experience.

thanks for the info.

Has anyone used the open dining on either. Can you choose your time and have a table for two if you want.

Rcha

Archived