Celebrity Solstice Review - W. Caribbean April 25th - WOW!!

blueboro

We were on the celebrity solstice on the 4/25 sailing also. The theater had major issues and there were no shows the first three days in the threater. They threw shows together in the grand foyer which were a joke. No place to sit other than the stairs or hanging over the rails. When they finally fixed the rigging than they couldn't get the curtain opened but put on a lousy show in front of the curtain. The two production shows they had latter in the week were ruined by some sort of comedien that intermixed with the show. Many people got up and left.

The cabin attendant was excellent. Attended to ones every needs. We had a balcony stateroom C3 which was very small. Other than the closet there was very little storage. There was a storage cabinet above the bed but you had to stand on the bed to use it.

The service overall on the ship was not up to our expections. The MDR staff was extremely slow and getting a cup of coffee at the beginning of dinner took forever. The menu was great and the food was very good.

The ship was a modern design, mostly white and blue, almost sterile looking.

We have sailed 15 times mostly on RCCL but were talked into trying celebrity because it was said to be a notch above. We did not fine this to be true, we are going back to RCCL.

We were on the celebrity solstice on the 4/25 sailing also. The theater had major issues and there were no shows the first three days in the threater. They threw shows together in the grand foyer which were a joke. No place to sit other than the stairs or hanging over the rails. When they finally fixed the rigging than they couldn't get the curtain opened but put on a lousy show in front of the curtain. The two production shows they had latter in the week were ruined by some sort of comedien that intermixed with the show. Many people got up and left.

The cabin attendant was excellent. Attended to ones every needs. We had a balcony stateroom C3 which was very small. Other than the closet there was very little storage. There was a storage cabinet above the bed but you had to stand on the bed to use it.

The service overall on the ship was not up to our expections. The MDR staff was extremely slow and getting a cup of coffee at the beginning of dinner took forever. The menu was great and the food was very good.

The ship was a modern design, mostly white and blue, almost sterile looking.

We have sailed 15 times mostly on RCCL but were talked into trying celebrity because it was said to be a notch above. We did not fine this to be true, we are going back to RCCL.

Different strokes for different folks. We loved the same cruise. Yes there were problems with the main theatre but "it" happens. I have come to the point that if you have seen one production show you have seen them all...with the canned music and voices. Also thought there was a lot of storage in the cabin. My wife is only 5'5" and was able to reach the storage above the bed. And there were 4-5 drawers which all adds up for plenty of space for a 7-day warm weather cruise. Now if you are in cold weather on a longer cruise perhaps storage would be an issue. Our service was also excellent from the MDR to the cabin and bars. We like RCCL and would not hesitate to go again but X is just a little more polished in my opinion and there is NO comparison in the food on X vs. RCCL in our past experiences. And, we don't need rock climbing walls and flow riders.

We were on this cruise also . . . . while I agree with most of what has been said . . . we came off the ship a little disappointed. We've decided that Celebrity is a little too refined/dull for us. We are used to a more upbeat mood and I found myself missing some of the normal activities poolside. So we are heading back to RCCL and I deal with the smoking.

Different strokes for different folks. We loved the same cruise. Yes there were problems with the main theatre but "it" happens. I have come to the point that if you have seen one production show you have seen them all...with the canned music and voices. Also thought there was a lot of storage in the cabin. My wife is only 5'5" and was able to reach the storage above the bed. And there were 4-5 drawers which all adds up for plenty of space for a 7-day warm weather cruise. Now if you are in cold weather on a longer cruise perhaps storage would be an issue. Our service was also excellent from the MDR to the cabin and bars. We like RCCL and would not hesitate to go again but X is just a little more polished in my opinion and there is NO comparison in the food on X vs. RCCL in our past experiences. And, we don't need rock climbing walls and flow riders.
We were on this cruise and totally agree with you.:)

That storm front that rolled through Costa Maya in the morning was incredible. We watched from our balcony as the Solstice canopy on the pier was blown apart. I hope they got it fixed. That little reception area on the pier is a nice touch.

When that hit, we were walking through the port going to the shuttle for our Native Choice tour. One thing I noted was a sudden temperature drop, which usually means take cover. We got a little wet. The weather was better at Chacchoben - bright and sunny.

Art

Archived