early boarding

we're sailing out of nyc on sat. 5/8 at 4pm. What time should we arrive?? How early can we board??

From what I've read, you can get on as early as 12, if you get there at around 11, you can take care of all the customs stuff, and be on the ship sipping a tropical drink by noon. I'm on the same sailing as you. have you checked out the 5/8 jewel roll call?

Last time, We got to the pier at 10:30, and were on board by 11AM. We always take our bathing suits in our carry on (or wear them under our clothes). First we dropped off our carry on luggage at Dazzles, since our cabin was not ready. After having lunch at the Venetian (don't go to the buffett) we hit the pools and hot tub while they are relatively empty. At sailaway, you definitely want to be on the top deck to enjoy watching the NYC skyline fade away, sail past the Statue of Liberty, then under the Verazzano bridge. You will see my house in Brooklyn before you turn east, toward the Atlantic. I'll be waving!

we are on the same cruise! cant wait. You can usually board early, around 11 or 12. if you are latitudes it helps too.

i agree- go eat at the restaurant even if your room is not ready. its a great secret.

thanks everybody for the info. We are on the roll call for the 5/8 sailing "Jewels Fools". Look forward to meeting everyone. When is the meet and greet again??

Will try to remember to go to the restaurant instead of the buffet when we board.

Last time, We got to the pier at 10:30, and were on board by 11AM. We always take our bathing suits in our carry on (or wear them under our clothes). First we dropped off our carry on luggage at Dazzles, since our cabin was not ready. After having lunch at the Venetian (don't go to the buffett) we hit the pools and hot tub while they are relatively empty. At sailaway, you definitely want to be on the top deck to enjoy watching the NYC skyline fade away, sail past the Statue of Liberty, then under the Verazzano bridge. You will see my house in Brooklyn before you turn east, toward the Atlantic. I'll be waving!

We'll be on the 7/3 jewel, will you be waving then also LOL

Archived