Platinum member - perks?

Lefty Bob

As listed on the Princess website:

Complimentary Cruise Atlas

Every year you will automatically receive a copy of our Princess Cruise Atlas. With details on all itineraries and sailings for the year, you will be able to plan ahead easily!

Free upgrade to TravelCare Gold

As a Platinum member, when you purchase our Standard Travel Care travel protection plan, we will automatically give you a free upgrade to the Gold package,- that’s double the cover - on us!

Platinum Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. If you are a Platinum member, you and your family or guests will be invited to use the Platinum Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

Platinum Members Lounge

In recognition of your loyalty, and to make your last morning with us more enjoyable, we invite Platinum members to use the Platinum Members Lounge, offering light refreshments and peace while you await disembarkation.

Free Internet Access

We know you like to keep in touch with home, so we are also pleased to reward your repeat business with free internet access while you are onboard. Times and availability are dependent upon the ship.

Princess has restructured the Captains Circle Program. I'll try to remember all of the perks.................

Gold: preferential pricing, referrals,quarterly magazine, cocktail party, luncheon, passport.

Platinum : all above plus platium check in(no line), free internet access, free upgrade to travel care gold, lounge for disembarkation waiting, cruise atlas.

Elite: all above plus preferred services package: comp dry cleaning & laundry, shoe polishing, priority tender embarkation, preferred discount package: 10% boutique discount, comp wine tasting, preferred amenities package: comp mini bar set-up, delux canapes, upgraded stateroom amenities, afternoon tea.

They also usually host a Circle Luncheon. Although my last cruise on the Diamond they did not have this.

:)

Not really "advanced boarding" There is just a separate check in desk. You get an upgrade in your insurance to gold at no charge, free internet access on board, a separate lounge with coffee, cookies, etc. when disembarking. That's about all.

When many Princess Cruises are between 70% and 85% Platinum members the check-in feature is dubious. You could walk up to other desks quicker than wait in the long, long line at Platinum. I'm speaking from experience on a Greek Isles cruise last spring.

On of my neighbors says the cruiseline she frequently uses offers free air deviation, now that would be an appreciated amenity. My tolerance for Princess Air is diminishing. That means I'm growing less and less willing to adapt my attitude.

The best perk of all is the free internet service. As for embarkation the platinum line was always too long so walked right up to our appropriate deck and checked in. I guess it depends on what time you arrive.

Marilyn

Some other notes...

~In the LA cruise terminal, there is also a platinum embarkation lounge with priority boarding for Plat and Elite. In October, we were the very first people on the ship, it was very nice not haivng to wait in the crowds and to go through security with no one in front of us!

~I agree, the free internet is the very best part of platnimum. I also love the special treatment of the Elite benefits too!

~On the last CP cruise a two weeks ago, out of 3400 passengers, 1200 were Gold, Plat and Elite members. That is nowhere near the 70-85% Platimum another poster mentioned. I realize this varies by itineary, but in all of my cruises, the Plat line has been a speedy Godsend! A definate perk for me!

Casey

Archived