EPIC Restaurants & Alcohol card

Bgem75

Does anyone know if we will be able to make restaurant reservations before sailing? Also have been talking with others elsewhere and everyone keeps inquiring about the alcohol card (approx $40/day). I heard that the alcohol card is for parties of 16 or more. Any help or information would be great. :cool:

Does anyone know if we will be able to make restaurant reservations before sailing? Also have been talking with others elsewhere and everyone keeps inquiring about the alcohol card (approx $40/day). I heard that the alcohol card is for parties of 16 or more. Any help or information would be great. :cool:

No plans for resturant reservations in advance. They will open online reservations for some entertainment 45 days prior to your cruise including Cirque Dreams and Blueman.

As far as drink packages they are only available as part of a a group booking of 20 or more and must be taken by all members of the group booking over 21.

This is my first time on NCL. Are the freestyle restaurants typically walk-up, or are reservations required/recommended? Would that only apply to the specialty restaurants that charge extra?

You can just walk up to most of them. If you have to wait they will give you a beeper. On board there are boards that tell you how full a resturant is and you can make a ressie the day of but some resturants will require you to book because of the smal size . Teppanyaki will need a ressie as it is a very small one and the chef does the cooking in front of you ($25.00/person charge for this).

Restaurant Name

Cuisine Type:

The Manhattan Room

Aft Main Dining

Taste

Atrium Main Dining

La Cucina

Italian / Tuscan

Cagney's Steakhouse & Churrascaria

Steakhouse

Teppanyaki

Japanese Hibachi

Wasabi

Japanese Sushi / Sake Bar

The Epic Club

Private Indoor Dining for Courtyard Guests

Shanghai's

Chinese American

Spiegel Tent

Entertainment Dining

Le Bistro

French Bistro

O'Sheehan's

Neighborhood Bar / Fast Food

The Courtyard Grill

Private Outdoor Dining for Courtyard Guests

Garden Café

Indoor Buffet

The Great Outdoors

Outdoor Buffet

Spice H20

Pool Grill

more to come...

Teppanyaki will need a ressie as it is a very small one and the chef does the cooking in front of you ($25.00/person charge for this).

You need to check out the details of Teppanyaki on the Epic. It is huge and twelve oversized Hibachi grills not the usual 2 or 4 regular sized grills. ;)

This is my first time on NCL. Are the freestyle restaurants typically walk-up, or are reservations required/recommended? Would that only apply to the specialty restaurants that charge extra?

Typically not walk up for specialty restaurants. Reservations are always recommended but not required. They can be made onboard a day or so in advance. Yes you can walk up and they will seat you on a space available basis. Don't plan on that during peak hours.The main dining rooms like Taste and the Manhattan Room normally do not take reservations

You need to check out the details of Teppanyaki on the Epic. It is huge and twelve oversized Hibachi grills not the usual 2 or 4 regular sized grills. ;)

Wow! I didn't know it was going to be that large. Nice!:D

Thank you for your resposes.;) Talked to NCL today.

You are correct:)

Reservations for select entertainment will be able to made 45 days prior to sailing (ie:blue man group and cirque dreams).

Alcohol card (aka drink package.. don't call it an alcohol card they will pretend they do not know what you are talking about :eek:) is for parties of 20 or more, all must be 21 and older and everyone in your group MUST take the package..it must also be paid prior to saililng.

I am still waiting on their response to making reservations for the other specialty restaurants. Worse case...we will book them when we get on board.. day 1...:D

Thank you for your resposes.;) Talked to NCL today.

You are correct:)

Reservations for select entertainment will be able to made 45 days prior to sailing (ie:blue man group and cirque dreams).

Alcohol card (aka drink package.. don't call it an alcohol card they will pretend they do not know what you are talking about :eek:) is for parties of 20 or more, all must be 21 and older and everyone in your group MUST take the package..it must also be paid prior to saililng.

I am still waiting on their response to making reservations for the other specialty restaurants. Worse case...we will book them when we get on board.. day 1...:D

My TA called ncl today and was told that we will be able to book specialty restaurants 45 days in advance. The feature is not on the web site yet but should be shortly. I might be mistaken:rolleyes: but blue man group is in the theatre so you can't reserve seats for that, but definatly can for cirque dreams, I asked about that one specifically not blue man group. Cant wait for first sailings to hear all about the epic, so exciting.

My TA called ncl today and was told that we will be able to book specialty restaurants 45 days in advance. The feature is not on the web site yet but should be shortly. I might be mistaken:rolleyes: but blue man group is in the theatre so you can't reserve seats for that, but definatly can for cirque dreams, I asked about that one specifically not blue man group. Cant wait for first sailings to hear all about the epic, so exciting.

Yes, BMG is in the Epic Theater and yes you can reserve which night you prefer to go. You will not be reserving a specific seat. If you do have a reservation for BMG, you are guaranteed entry into the theater as long as you arrive within a cut-off set time. after the cut off time, those without reservations will be allowed into the theater until all seats are gone. The earlier you arrive, the better chance you have to choose which seat(s) you want.

Yes, BMG is in the Epic Theater and yes you can reserve which night you prefer to go. You will not be reserving a specific seat. If you do have a reservation for BMG, you are guaranteed entry into the theater as long as you arrive within a cut-off set time. after the cut off time, those without reservations will be allowed into the theater until all seats are gone. The earlier you arrive, the better chance you have to choose which seat(s) you want.

thank you for that information that is good to know

These are what you can book 45 days in advance only.

Embarkation Day: nothing

Day 1: Second City, 1 show only 7p.m.

Day 2 options:

- cirque dreams premium

- cirque dreams basic - 2 shows: 5:30 or 8:30

- Murder Mystery - 12:30 p.m.

- Second City - 3 shows: 7pm. 9pm 11pm

Day 3 options:

- Cirque Dreams Premium or Basic 5:30 or 8:30

- Nickolodeon Character Breakfast 8:30 A.M.

Day 4 options:

- Blue Man Group 7pm or 9:45 pm

- Cirque Dreams 5:30 or 8:30 pm

- Nick Character Breakfast 8:30 A.M.

- Second City - 7p.m. only

Day 5 options:

- BMG 7 & 9:45

- Cirque Dreams 5:30 / 8:30

- Murder Mystery 12:30 p.m..

- Second City 7 pm. only

Day 6 options:

- Second City - 3 shows 7, 9, 11pm

Day 7 disembarkation

These are what you can book 45 days in advance only.

Embarkation Day: nothing

Day 1: Second City, 1 show only 7p.m.

Day 2 options:

- cirque dreams premium

- cirque dreams basic - 2 shows: 5:30 or 8:30

- Murder Mystery - 12:30 p.m.

- Second City - 3 shows: 7pm. 9pm 11pm

Day 3 options:

- Cirque Dreams Premium or Basic 5:30 or 8:30

- Nickolodeon Character Breakfast 8:30 A.M.

Day 4 options:

- Blue Man Group 7pm or 9:45 pm

- Cirque Dreams 5:30 or 8:30 pm

- Second City - 7p.m. only

Day 5 options:

- Murder Mystery 12:30 p.m..

- Second City 7 pm. only

Day 6 options:

- Second City - 3 shows 7, 9, 11pm

Day 7 disembarkation

Is this scheduale for the TA only? I thought BMG were giving 8 preformances on 4 nights? What about LIC? I thought they were suppose to give 2 shows per night in the Epic Theater when BMG is not there?

From what I was told by a NCL rep the LIC will be in the Manhatten room for a few of their performances. Ill do some looking around and find out more info.. :D

Going back through several previous threads and NCL's webcast, LIC are supposed to be in both the Epic Theater and the Manhattan Room. When in the ET, there will be 3 performers along with backup dancers. When in the dinning room, there will only be one performer. Going back through the threads, LIC are supposed to be in the ET 3 nights and BMG is supposed to be there 4 nights. Has this changed?

Where and what is the Cafe location? You know where they will have coffee,hot tea,hot chocolate, sandwiches,pizza.. whats the place called?

I think there are several places like that. The 24 hour place is called O'Sheehans and it's midship deck 6. There's also a Spice H20 pool bar and grill aft on deck 15

Sweet... I'm going solo from Oct23-Oct30 (figured hurricane season will be slowing down and prices then are still not bad). I just want to make sure there is a coffee cafe with sandwiches or even a pizza place like RCCL and Carnival has. I never been on NCL so Im sure its somewhere. Also I read somewhere that there is a Pizza place? I read it costs $5 to get a 16inch pizza pie delivered anywhere on the ship. But what restaurante/cafe is that from just to go in and get 1 slice?

Sweet... I'm going solo from Oct23-Oct30 (figured hurricane season will be slowing down and prices then are still not bad). I just want to make sure there is a coffee cafe with sandwiches or even a pizza place like RCCL and Carnival has. I never been on NCL so Im sure its somewhere. Also I read somewhere that there is a Pizza place? I read it costs $5 to get a 16inch pizza pie delivered anywhere on the ship. But what restaurante/cafe is that from just to go in and get 1 slice?

There isn't exactly a pizza place/restaurant where you can go sit down and order pizza. Yes, you can have pizza delivered to your cabin or anywhere you want for $5. Other than that, I believe you can get pizza in the buffets and the Italian restaurant but these venues are not opened 24 hours. O'Sheean's is opened 24 hours and you can get a variety of comfort foods.

All I know is that we can not wait to be freestylin' on this Ship. With all the entertainment, food, activities.....

We are so ready....I think we have like 121 days left for Sept 11th.

can someone list the restaurantes that are $0 extra charge.

Is Taste? for example?

No charge:

Taste

Manhattan Room

Spice H2O

O'Sheean's

The Great Outdoors

Indoor Buffet (forgot the name)

Atrium Cafe

Room Service

Epic Club (courtyard guests only)

Courtyard grill (courtyard guests only)

Studio Lounge (snacks for studio guests only)

Do you think this will be the same for suite and courtyard guest. On the Pearl and Jewel and other ships part of the left side of the balcony was reserved for these guest. Will it be the same on the Epic.

Archived