I-Amsterdam pass

We will be in Amsterdam for three days in June. Has anyone used this pass, and is it a good idea to buy one before we get there? Thanks!

You have to exchange it anyway in Amsterdam.

The only advantage would be that you can use the express line to collect it and do not need to queue up with all others who might need consultation.

Regards

HeinBloed

If you intend to do a lot of museums and use public transport extensively, then yes, I've found it to be a good buy. If you are only interested in one or two museums and are intending to walk most places, then it would probably be over kill. We bought it the first time we were in Amsterdam and found it to be good value, but now that our sightseeing is more targeted, we don't really bother.

We will be in Amsterdam for three days in June. Has anyone used this pass, and is it a good idea to buy one before we get there? Thanks!

If you are going to be in Amsterdam for three days and want to visit several of the museums, you might also look into the Museumkaart. It is a pass that costs 39.95 euros and gives you free entrance and the benefit of no (or brief) lines at the major places such as the Rijks and van Gogh Museums. The I Amsterdam pass would do the same but costs 58 euros for three days. I doubt if you would spend the difference of 18 euros on public transportation.

You can buy the kaart at any of the smaller museums so you won't have to stand in long lines to purchase one.

If you are going to be in Amsterdam for three days and want to visit several of the museums, you might also look into the Museumkaart. It is a pass that costs 39.95 euros and gives you free entrance and the benefit of no (or brief) lines at the major places such as the Rijks and van Gogh Museums. The I Amsterdam pass would do the same but costs 58 euros for three days. I doubt if you would spend the difference of 18 euros on public transportation.

You can buy the kaart at any of the smaller museums so you won't have to stand in long lines to purchase one.

No, the I Amsterdam pass is definately cheaper than a Museumkaart, since you also get a canal cruise worth 12,50 with it, cups of coffee and snacks at selected places and unlimited public transport for 3 days. Public transport is not as cheap as you may remember, due to the introduction of the new OV-chip card, replacing the old strippencard. You do not get a lot of public transport for 6 euros in 3 days. That is about 1 short 1 zone tram ride a day....

Archived