Alamo in Kauai-any concerns?

redtinarn

Anybody rent from Alamo in Kauai? Have any problems or concerns? Were the lines long? Are the cars in good shape? Thanks for any help and advice in advance!

We've rented from Alamo for years and never had any problems with them. The lines can be long if a plane has just arrived, but we always use the Kiosk and avoid the rental counter. This way you take care of your parerwork in 5 minutes, then go out and pick your car. We generally rent a compact, usually they're all gone so you get upgraded. We just got back from Kauai as well as the Big Island. We had Alamo cars for 6 weeks, the cars were fine, low mileage and no problems.:)

• 1 month later...

Does Alamo provide shuttles to and from there pickup and drop off places like other car rental companies?

The rates I have been getting from Alamo are cheaper than any other company so far. Not knowing this company at all, is there any issues I should know about?

Like reputation of the company etc..

We used Alamo last time in Kauai, if memory serves me correct you simply cross the street from airport to the lot. The lines WERE long, I think 15' wait and they overbooked our class of car so we got an upgrade for free. No question hertz gold card is easier and faster but we saved I think 5-10 bucks a day, is that worth a 15'-20' wait?

Car condition was fine, its a rental!

Alamo isn't some fly by night operation as they have a rental in almost every signle domestic airport I've ever rented at, not as big as Avis/Hetz but they are always price efficient if nothing else.

Anybody rent from Alamo in Kauai? Have any problems or concerns? Were the lines long? Are the cars in good shape? Thanks for any help and advice in advance!

Archived