Monkey Farm/Golf Cart

kcluvsdavid

I think it would be fun driving a golf cart for the day. My question is how much are they? How far from the pier? Is it feasible to go to Monkey Farm and back (how long would it take the slowpoke cart to get there and back)? I'm thinking of hanging out at Tapas after I do a little shopping. Is it convient to drop the cart back off and go to Tapas? This is a port change for us, so I'm trying to figure out our back up plan. Has anybody been to Monkey Farm recently. I LOVE monkeys. I've always wanted to hold one. I'm not sure which I would rather do now..Sting Ray tour in Grand Cayman (been looking forward to that) or holding monkeys.

I wouldn't recommend to try getting to Monkey Farm on a golf cart. First, it's around 10KM (don't know how many miles that is) away from the port. Consider that you'll have to get on the highway and would be on your own. It'd be difficult to get any assistance in case of a breakdown. On the other hand keep in mind that Manky Farm isn't an amusement park. It's a place that offers shelter and protection to animals that are mostly rescued by the authorities, actually, there's no entrance fee. They work on a donation basis.

Animals are in good condition. If you like them you'll enjoy the place and will help the cuase.

Awww. Okay. No Cart. We'll probably be in Grand Cayman anyway. I'm not planning on Monkey Farm being like an amusement park. If I can hold a monkey up close (always wanted to do that), then I would be happy with nothing else. I've always been facinated wth monkeys. I'm not expecting a zoo or entertainment place. Every port we go to I've been wanting to rent a cart, scooter, jeep, or something just for fun, but it never works out. Hehe, maybe I should just count my blessings and let others drive me around for once.

• 4 weeks later...

This is certainly an intriguing port! Monkey farms, golf carts, two cars to rent in the neighboring village, armed guards, trinkets for sale, pools with algae, $20 to lie in the sand (I live in Florida).....the Lido Deck is sounding pretty darn good right now!

The monkey farm is a cab ride away because it is off the highway about 10 km from pier. The visit takes about an hour. There are some nice beaches nearby. I would suggest renting a car for the day. Mahahual recently recieved some rental cars. I will try to find more details.

Archived