Dolphin Swim Observer Tickets

Luvsparties

My kids (17 and 14) want to do the Dolphin Swim Encounter in Cozumel. DH and I don't really want to participate in that.

When we called Carnival they said once we got on the ship (not available on-line) we could purchase the tickets but they had no idea how much they cost.

Has anyone ever done this? Is it a hassle? Is the cost close to the actual ticket cost? If that's the case I will just make DH go with the kids.

Thanks!

We booked independently rather than through Carnival last month, but I don't think there were separate tickets for just observing. I think anyone was free to watch from the dock. You would just have to pay the $16 admission fee to Chankanaab Park.

My kids (17 and 14) want to do the Dolphin Swim Encounter in Cozumel. DH and I don't really want to participate in that.

When we called Carnival they said once we got on the ship (not available on-line) we could purchase the tickets but they had no idea how much they cost.

Has anyone ever done this? Is it a hassle? Is the cost close to the actual ticket cost? If that's the case I will just make DH go with the kids.

Thanks!

When I called they told me the observer pass was $25.

We booked independently rather than through Carnival last month, but I don't think there were separate tickets for just observing. I think anyone was free to watch from the dock. You would just have to pay the $16 admission fee to Chankanaab Park.

So, tell me how you booked independently.

So, tell me how you booked independently.

I went to cozumel dash tours dot com (I believe they have the blue banner ad here on CC featuring the two people on horseback). After comparing prices and policies to the various online companies, they offered the best deal - $80 each for me and hubby, which included admission. DD, age 4, was free with our paid excursion. She just needed an admission ticket, which they offered online at a discounted price of $5.50.

They also sent me a "Cozumel Fun" card, which is a retail discount card, but we spent all our time in Chankanaab, so I didn't get to use it.

If you don't port, or get cancelled because of weather, you can either get a voucher for the same excursion later on within 1 year plus a discount on additional bookings, or you can get a refund.

Archived