World Cup Final on Embarkation Day

I'm embarrassed to ask this - for goodness sakes, we're going on a cruise!! I shouldn't be worried about a soccer match!! Anyway, we are on the Valor leaving Miami on 7/11. This happens to be when the World Cup Final is to be played (if I'm reading the schedule correctly, the game starts at 8:30pm). Assuming we leave port around 4ish, and will be out to sea at game time, will the satellite feed be able to get the game anywhere on board? Sports Bar? Big screen by the pool? Do you think Carnival would show the game on the big screen? Go USA (and France, Germany, Spain, England - not necessarily in that order)!!

This is one of the few sporting events that I can say with confidence will be on the ship somewhere. There always seems to be a soccer match on the TVs in the sports bar.

What network is televising the final?

The ship has NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, etc. They also have ESPN Worldwide or something like that.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually emailed PVP about this. It was a deal breaker for my boyfriend. If they weren't showing the world cup we were not going on a cruise :rolleyes: On the Triumph they are showing it on the big screen by the pool and also in the sports bar. If you have a PVP just shoot them an email and find out exactly where it will be!

I'm embarrassed to ask this - for goodness sakes, we're going on a cruise!! I shouldn't be worried about a soccer match!! Anyway, we are on the Valor leaving Miami on 7/11. This happens to be when the World Cup Final is to be played (if I'm reading the schedule correctly, the game starts at 8:30pm). Assuming we leave port around 4ish, and will be out to sea at game time, will the satellite feed be able to get the game anywhere on board? Sports Bar? Big screen by the pool? Do you think Carnival would show the game on the big screen? Go USA (and France, Germany, Spain, England - not necessarily in that order)!!

We sail on July 17 no way would we miss the worldcup! Daughter will be playing D1 soccer when she starts college this summer (july is when they have to be on campus..just soccer players lol I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you will be able to see it...people who arent into soccer just dont understand it! Have fun on your cruise!

Depending on which countries are in the final, you may have a lot of distracted crew members. Remember, the senior officers are Italian (Italy won the World Cup final last time out):cool:

captian should sound the horn for goals.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! ( SHIP HORN )

I actually emailed PVP about this. It was a deal breaker for my boyfriend. If they weren't showing the world cup we were not going on a cruise :rolleyes: On the Triumph they are showing it on the big screen by the pool and also in the sports bar. If you have a PVP just shoot them an email and find out exactly where it will be!

Maybe an e-mail might help encourage them to put it on the big screen if they weren't planning it. I had been hoping for the US-Canada Gold Medal hockey game on the Conquest's big screen, but it wasn't there.

I would bet that it will be on. Trust me we were in Europe during the superbowl and DH was concerned about watching the game! Yes, it was on at 2 am on the ship. It was shown in all of the staterooms and up on deck. Me? I slept through most of it. The team I wanted to win was losing and we had no commercials!! It was all a European ESPN feed. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for that insightful contribution to this thread. ;)

I would say inciteful

It will also be streamed online. Not that you want to sit in front of a computer screen with ship internet charges for two hours. I have no doubt it will be shown on board. Hopefully the Italian crew won't be too spiteful when it isn't Italy in the final :D

Thank you for that insightful contribution to this thread. ;)

Kinda like yours, eh?:rolleyes:

Well I know I don't have time to post 25 times per day like you but I didn't know you were in charge of deciding what constitutes an acceptable post. Thank you, Mr. Board Police.

You can now return to your regular schedule of commenting on every thread on the Carnival board 20 times. :rolleyes:

Kinda like yours, eh?:rolleyes:

Well I know I don't have time to post 25 times per day like you but I didn't know you were in charge of what deciding what constitutes an acceptable post. Thank you, Mr. Thought Police.

You can now return to commenting on every thread on the Carnival board. :rolleyes:

It's called a joke, Doc. Hence why I was winking at you. Might wanna write yourself for some Zoloft there.

(And that's over and above the fact that they were asking if the match would be shown on the ship, not whether or not you would watch it. But apparently such subtleties are lost on you anyway.)

Archived