Amsterdam- dolphin deck -ff category pls help!!!!

JakiesMom

Has anybody been in a catagory FF cabin on the Dolphin deck of the Amsterdam? We would really like to know what the layout of the cabin is, as we have four people sharing this space. :) Also, has anyone ever had furniture removed inorder to get more space?

We're going on a 14 day cruise to Alaska on July 26th and have never been on the Amsterdam before.

Thanks for all your help.

My wife and I booked a FF gaurantee last year on the Amsterdam but ended up in a DA on the Main deck.

I think the room layout is about the same, around 197 SF. There is a bed (or two) with the head against the window. A vanity/drawer/TV on one wall and a sofa with a small table against the other. Near the door to the room is a bank of closets and the bathroom.

Four people! Hopefully some are children. Not allot of room, especially if you want to eat a meal in there. Probably fine for sleeping, getting a turn in the bathroom will be the biggest challange. A friend of mine went to AK on the Amsterdam with his wife and two teenage children, he resorted to showering in the spa to lighten the load on the cabin bathroom.

We're taking the 14 adventurer in mid May, I think you will have a grand time.

Hi Edgeman61,

Thanks for the posting. I still do have a quick question about how the upper bed is configured in the cabin. I have scoured the boards and have only seen a pic from I believe it was either the Volendam or Veendam, but it left me a little puzzled. Anyway, funny you made mention of our bathroom dilemma. Anyway, we've already started discussing alternative bathroom ideas, so that we can get out early on port days. Other than that, we really only use the cabin to sleep and get ready for dinner. So.... I'm not overly worried about it, but more than anything I just really want us all to be comfortable and rested for those long port days. I've been reading the Roll Call for your sailing and I'm sooooo excited for you guys. The countdown is on "9" days... WOO HOO !!!! I'm looking forward to people posting on here about your sailing when you return.

Hi, Jakiesmom. You're sailing with us on the 26th. :)

Check out this great site that a CC'er has put together. Scroll down to the Cat. H and you can see how the upper berth pulls out (it will be the same on the Amsterdam, and the same in all ocean view cabins that have the upper berth). There are also other pictures to give you an idea of the layout.

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Volendam/index.html

Hope it helps.

I think the prime reason my wife and I were "upgraded" from an FF to a DA is that the DA cabin we were in did not have a pull down bed. We sailed the first week of June and the ship was full of families so they needed all of the rooms that could hold more than three people. I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that the sofa in our room would make into a bed for a third person.

We had several meals in our rooms when we had early excursions or came back to the ship after dinner, the tray took up a good bit of room, making getting from the bed side of the room to the bathroom side a bit tricky.

As long as everyone has a comfy place to lay and all of the luggage can be stowed out of the way, the bathroom schedule would be the only issue.

When I was about 9 or 10, we had a family reunion of sorts at my Grandparents house. They had around 15 people staying over with only one bathroom, so it can be done (we didn't have the convienience of the public bathrooms and showers around the ship, although my Grandfather went to the neighbors to use the facilities once or twice).

I hope you all enjoy your trip.

Archived