Slight change of itinerary for Deliziosa Dubai-Savona

nijh

Had a call from Costa today. Apparently the port at Sharm is closed for repairs so the new port of call is Sokhna and it has been deemed to dangerous to go to Aden so the new port is Aqaba.

Don't know the date changes involoved wwith the new stops as it was an answerphone message. There is a letter in the post, but as we leave in the morning I don't think we'll get it.:rolleyes:

Have to say I'm delighted about Aqaba - ALWAYS wanted to go to Petra.

you're not missing anything at sharm el sheik. the only things there are to do there is sit on the beach and shop. my least favorite port ever.

missing aden would be disappointing. i thought it was very interesting.

petra is a great tradeoff, though. one tip - just get off the ship and hire a taxi to petra. it will be cheaper and you will end up with more time at the site. the busses are slow.

Would have been nice to got to Yemen just to be able to say I'd been, but Petra takes it for me.

Sharm, yeah - not too bothered about. Would be nice to see why it's so popular, but I suspect the reason it's so popular would be the same reason I'd dislike it.

Not got too long to plan things for Aqaba now! But how much/how long for a taxi to Petra? I think the cruise tour will be about €150pp.

From Sharm they do the excursion to the monastery of St. Catherine's. Very interesting and worth the stop. I did the cruise tour to Petra a couple years ago, which I would recommend over a taxi. It's a long haul, a good 3+ hours if I recall. The excursion on site with an excellent Jordanian guide took about two hours and then we were taken to a nearby hotel for a good lunch. I personally would spend the extra euros and go with the group.

Would have been nice to got to Yemen just to be able to say I'd been, but Petra takes it for me.

Sharm, yeah - not too bothered about. Would be nice to see why it's so popular, but I suspect the reason it's so popular would be the same reason I'd dislike it.

Not got too long to plan things for Aqaba now! But how much/how long for a taxi to Petra? I think the cruise tour will be about €150pp.

the reason i mentioned the cab is i ran into some of the crew on my way down to the petra site. they were on the way back up. i asked them how they got there so quickly and they said they took a cab. i didn't ask how much it was, but the crew don't make a lot of money.

you'll might get a more precise answer if you ask on the port of calls section.

Archived