Need help with LMT--5 star hotel

Cecilia V.

Hi! Newbie here. After reading these terrific boards, I went to Last Minute Travel looking for a hotel to stay in 1 night pre-cruise in Miami in late July. Was hoping to find the Intercontinental for the $84 rate I've seen mentioned so often, but that one is offered for $157 (matched up descriptions of hotel facilities to figure it out).

Anyway, there is another 5 star hotel for $111. It is in downtown Miami, has 36 floors, and 203 guest rooms. Does anyone know what hotel this is?

And, is it close (walking distance) to a variety of restaurants? Do you recommend it? Any help is much appreciated. I don't know the area at all and have never gotten a hotel room without knowing what I'm booking.

Thanks so much!

Hi! Newbie here. After reading these terrific boards, I went to Last Minute Travel looking for a hotel to stay in 1 night pre-cruise in Miami in late July. Was hoping to find the Intercontinental for the $84 rate I've seen mentioned so often, but that one is offered for $157 (matched up descriptions of hotel facilities to figure it out).

Anyway, there is another 5 star hotel for $111. It is in downtown Miami, has 36 floors, and 203 guest rooms. Does anyone know what hotel this is?

And, is it close (walking distance) to a variety of restaurants? Do you recommend it? Any help is much appreciated. I don't know the area at all and have never gotten a hotel room without knowing what I'm booking.

Thanks so much!

36 story, 203 rooms should be the Conrad.

Thank you! I certainly agree that it seems that this must be the 5 star hotel I saw. The only thing that I don't get is that the room type on Last Minute Travel is for a Deluxe Queen City View and I don't see that room type listed on the Conrad's website. And, the only rooms with a queen bed seem to have just ONE queen bed, and there are four of us?

So, I'm just not certain and am nervous about booking. Any suggestions?

If I can make a suggestion....after you go through the booking process, it will give you the name of hotel. If it's not something you are happy with, there's only a $25 cancellation fee. Maybe it's worth taking that risk?

Thank you! I certainly agree that it seems that this must be the 5 star hotel I saw. The only thing that I don't get is that the room type on Last Minute Travel is for a Deluxe Queen City View and I don't see that room type listed on the Conrad's website. And, the only rooms with a queen bed seem to have just ONE queen bed, and there are four of us?

So, I'm just not certain and am nervous about booking. Any suggestions?

Maybe since you need 2 beds in one room you should look for a hotel that states "2 beds". That's what I did and I got the Hyatt.

If you book it and then find out it's not right for you there is a $25 cancel fee. Personally I wouldn't want to pay it.

Archived