Help with hotels in Madeira

Hi,

I'm struggling with deciding where to stay for our two nights pre-cruise on the island of Madeira. Our cruise embarks at Funchal, and I originally had reservations at the Best Western Hotel Estrelicia, but there was a mess-up with my reservation. (In short, even though I submitted it for 2 back in Sept., Travelocity sent it to them for 1, and now the hotel is saying they will charge 25 Eu additional for the 2nd person, even though the original price I was quoted WAS for two! Argh!) So, now I'm thinking I don't want to stay there at all, since it's really not that nice a place, and was only worth it because of the price, which has now gone up.

For about the same money there are two other hotels I'm looking at, and I'm wondering if anyone who's been to Madeira has heard of them. One is the Windsor Hotel in downtown Funchal; the other is the Estalagem Eiro do Serrado, which looks like an amazing place purched on a cliff overlooking the Nun's Valley. Anyone got any feedback for me? Thanks much!

LeeAnne

Archived