Prinsendam - Teen Center?

DebbieJ

Could someone who might have actually used a teen center on the Prinsendam, or someone who had a teen and found out there was no teen center on the Prinsendam please respond to this thread? I'm so confused. I am finding conflicting informtion. I have found multiple posts that take each position. I even found one that has photos posted of the teen center on the Prinsendam. So, why so many text postings that say there is not one? Can anyone who has atually used it on board let me know it is there, and if anyone went looking for it on board and found it wasn't there, would you let me know what your teen did during "free" time on the ship? Thanks for any help.

I (Sinclair's daughter) was on the Prinsendam two summers ago at age 17. There was no Loft or anything like that, but there was a room where teens would meet in the afternoons or evenings with the teen coordinator. The room had nothing special, just chairs, tables, and a projector and screen (although I don't think we ever used it).

The room was on a lower deck than the atrium and was windowless. There were, however, lots of board games. While there generally weren't that many kids/teens on the ship, the teens became friends rather easily and usually hung out in this room with the coordinator.

The room was also used for other things/ship events, and so could not always be accessed by teens to do activities. Mostly, though, the room was available and was a good meeting spot.

Sinclair's daughter - thanks for the answer. Now we just have to hope that there might be other teens on board to find! :-)

Ira - I had tried that. Even the HAL folks had different answers. So, nothing like the voice of experience.

Thanks for everyone's help on this.

Archived