GCT to Russia

lsbauer

We are booked on the Grand Circle Russia Revealed river cruise leaving June 24th. We have done the Rhine and Egypt with GC and have been very happy. Has anyone been on this Russia river cruise with them? Did you use the Metro on Moscow or St. Petersburg? Any hints?

We did this cruise 2 years ago. It was wonderful. We did use the Moscow Metro. They may have changed, but "above ground" signs are in Roman and Cyrillic alphabet. Once you get "below ground", Cyrillic only. Not a big problem...... look for anyone under 30 and there is 99% chance that they speak at least enough English to assist. That's what happened to us!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

we had a wonderful time... we used the subway in moscow and it was confusing but since we didn't have to change lines we didn't get lost. I would recommend the optional ballet tour and i would miss the included moscow circus, especially if the trip started in moscow. if you are on the tikhi don do not miss the wonderful musicians on board.

we had a wonderful time... we used the subway in moscow and it was confusing but since we didn't have to change lines we didn't get lost. I would recommend the optional ballet tour and i would miss the included moscow circus, especially if the trip started in moscow. if you are on the tikhi don do not miss the wonderful musicians on board.

Thanks for the reply, Dandylion. What was it that was confusing about the Metro? Just the signage or something else? What did you do instead of the included Circus? We've never been into ballet, would you still recommend it?

We are on the Rossia going from Moscow to St. Petersburg and leave in just 2 weeks!

Larry

it was confusing to figure out which way the train was heading as all the signs were in cyrilic, but it was doable. The ballet was magical and it was my first time as well! The circus was long and not very exciting, and i felt sorry for the animals. Since it was early in our trip and i was still jetlagged, i would have rather relaxed in the ship ... there was no alternative tour.

Archived