RCCL Smoking Policies

the smoking situation was terrible. When we were in ports, the stench was so bad i could not leave my balcony door open. When we were underway it was a little better, but still the stench of burned tobacco wafted into my cabin. I could not leave the door open at all. I of course complained and was told that nothing could be done about it.

Inside the ship the centrum stank of smoke also. It was because of all the allowed areas which caused the smoke to travel to the centrum. I mentioned this also to the front desk, and was basically told that i am full of crap, and to forget out it.

My comments to smokers is that my non-smoking does not cause you to have to endure any foul odor of mine. Otoh your smoking causes that your foul odor to have to be endured by me. Get it?

Reminds me of an old steve martin joke:

"do you mind if i smoke?"

"no. Do you mind if i fart?"

good one!!!

And your rights stop when they impact what I breathe. I have also paid "extra" for my balcony where I can sit, read, and not have to inhale your secondhand smoke.

Sorry, Tip. You have no right, explicit or implied, to sit on your balcony and not smell tobacco smoke. It's not even a reasonable expectation on a cruise line whose policy allows smoking on balconies. Sorry.

Your options are limited to complaining to RCL's corporate HQ in hopes of changing the policy or sailing another cruiseline.

Sorry, Tip. You have no right, explicit or implied, to sit on your balcony and not smell tobacco smoke. It's not even a reasonable expectation on a cruise line whose policy allows smoking on balconies. Sorry.

Your options are limited to complaining to RCL's corporate HQ in hopes of changing the policy or sailing another cruiseline.

Frankly, all of this discussion of "rights" or what is "fair" and "unfair" is silly. RCI makes the rules and if you want to play in their playground you play by their rules. The only "rights" anyone has are to follow the rules RCI sets. "Fairness" is irrelevant.

I am a smoker as is my DH. We have started booking balconies so that we could have the occassional smoke. I sure hope the RCCL does not listen to the people that want to ban smoking on the balconies, the ships are already 90% smoke free. Non-smokers are being completly unreasonable!

Why do non-smokers always go to the areas people are smoking? Aren't there enough non-smoking areas on the ships these days!

As they say: "If you don't like the heat, stay out of the kitchen". If you don't like the smell of smoke or smokers, stay away from their "turf" on the ship or better yet, stop complaining and cruise on a Disney ship! No smoking, no gambling!

If most of these non-smokers are so offended by smoke, why do they constantly and consistently cruise and complain? It makes no sense. You know there are still smokers on board, so why book a cruise that is so unpleasant for you and complain here? Perhaps a land vacation is best for all of you.

Enough already! The ships are large enough to be able to avoid the few areas allowed for smokers....Stay away, please!!

Have a nice day!

non smokers want the ships for them self they think they rule,i use to like to sit down at boleros on the freedom and listen to the music but now is non smoking thanks to the non smoking people that complain

Our last two cruises our neighbors smoked and we never had an issue smelling any smoke either while underway or when in port.:)

I do marvel at the non smokers though..

On an Alaskan cruise two women would loudly complain about cigarette smoke and how it was killing them since their balcony neighbors smoked.

We went to a salmon bake on one of our excursions and there were the two complainers happily breathing in the smoke from the bar-b q pit as they stood with their plates waiting for food.:p

I guess you are trying to be funny, and considering that is thread is OLD, you might not see this BUT I am going to have my say. I watched my father die a very painful death of emphysema when he was on 57 years young. I was 21 at the time. In fact so far I have lived four years longer than he did.

I can almost promise you that the tar and nicotine in cigarettes is a lot more toxic than smoke from a bar-b-que. So I hoped that these ladies did enjoy their meal.

Archived