Beach/resort outing in Puerto Vallarta

vids1375

Hey, CC-ers!

I have read several posts on Puerto Vallarta beaches and how taking a cab may get you to a great beach in the southern part of town. Its going to be my mom's bday when we dock in PV and my question is whether we should do an all-inclusive resort or park the family at the beach south of town? We have three kids < 6yrs and 10 adults... We all love the water (i.e. pools, ocean) and beaches... any recommendations for all-inclusive resorts there? Also I heard someone mention about a Tequila factory tour - is this in PV? Will we be able to do a tour and then park ourselves at the beach? We are docked in PV from 8 am to 7 pm.

Thanks as always!

Hey, CC-ers!

I have read several posts on Puerto Vallarta beaches and how taking a cab may get you to a great beach in the southern part of town. Its going to be my mom's bday when we dock in PV and my question is whether we should do an all-inclusive resort or park the family at the beach south of town? We have three kids < 6yrs and 10 adults... We all love the water (i.e. pools, ocean) and beaches... any recommendations for all-inclusive resorts there? Also I heard someone mention about a Tequila factory tour - is this in PV? Will we be able to do a tour and then park ourselves at the beach? We are docked in PV from 8 am to 7 pm.

Thanks as always!

If I were in your shoes, I would take a few yellow cabs located away from the cruise ship pier (just walk up to the street) and instruct the drivers to take you to the north end of the Malecon, we did this in Jan and it cost us 80 pesos, be sure you ask the rate before you get in.

Walk the Malecon, maybe do some shopping (great tequila buys at the Vallarta Mart located at the north ends, they have the 1921 cream tequila there for 220 pesos and good deals on coffee liquers YUM) after walking the Malecon keep right alongside of it, go around the corner and take the walking bridge over to Los Muertos beach. There you will find the best beach in the city along with many beachfront bars, restaurants and such. The Pier is also interesting to check out. This should take you about a hour or two.

La Playa liquor store onOlas Atlas is where we go to get our real tequila we usually get 1 litre bottles of Cazadore for 220 pesos.

If the Los Muertos beach does not appeal to your group then grab some more cabs and head off to Dreams PV (taxi cost us 50 pesos last year from Dreams to Southside). I think the prices may of risen slightly since then.

It is located about 5 mins south of PV and the private beach is simply stunning.I believe it is $55 USD pp 1/2 price of those 12 and under.

Food, drink, pools, beach, service all are top notch there. A cab ride back to ships pier should run about 150-250 pesos per cab.

if you are concidering an all inclusive resort definitly take a look at the dreams. we spent a week there with our kids (6 &11) they loved it. it has 3 pools and one of the best beaches in pv. it is beautiful & "privite" it is bordered on both sides by cliffs that make the beach only for guests of the dreams. great resturants, greats views. tons of reviews & picks on trip advisor. check it out. you will love it. great choice for a family day!:)

Archived