Atlantis Aquaventure thru ship or on your own

hollylake

I don't know whether or not to go ahead and book thru the ship $120. or go directly to gate and pay $110. Is the only advantage of going through the ship the transportation. Also with meal $145, has anyone purchased this through the ship and is it worth it? Leaving the 15th from N.O. We will be there on a Wed. so I'm thinking they won't be sold out. Thx.

I did this excursion through the ship in Jan. and I thought it was a huge waste of money. It was pretty but nothing great. The best part part was being able to say I went to Atlantis. The aquarium is pretty small, any Ripleys aquarium is better, and there is really nothing spectacular about it. I may be biased because I absolutely hate Nassau but I wasnt really impressed. The "lazy river" which is called the rapids or something was pretty cool though. If you are going to do this one, i would go ahead and pay through the ship, its just much easier than having to worry about your transportation. Whatever you decide have fun!

I am also interested in this excursion. I would book through Carnival if I were you my TA told me they have a certain amount reserved for Cruise ships. If you wait and get the tickets at Atlantis you risk not getting them because they only have limited tickets reserved for public and you have to line up in the am to get them.

we have always found it more economical to book a room @ the choice suites on paradise island via one of the prevailing discount codes. there's specific info on port thread boards for best current codes.

i have a room for 'now sold out' July 2nd, including all taxes & fees of under $300...good for up to 4 people. To avoid housekeeping charges, we never take a room key, just get voucher to turn in for wristbands.

I always buy trip insurance, figure if we miss the port (which has never happened) i'll be covered

Their lunch portions are huge, we typically split an order & get an extra beverage in area of $10

Atlantis is one of our favorite places in Nassau:). The lazy river is amazing as are the various slides, great pools & beach along with The Dig.

only thing im concerned this trip is tearing myself away to make the early ship's departure time.

Archived