Left Behind

propanelady

I would like to know if there is a number to call if you get left behind in a port. I'm taking a group of 30 on the Carnival Spirit and we are having a meeting soon, and I'm sure there will be someone that will ask me what they need to do if they get left behind. I couldn't find anything on Carnival's website. My best guess would be that you have to get to the next port on your own.

I would like to know if there is a number to call if you get left behind in a port. I'm taking a group of 30 on the Carnival Spirit and we are having a meeting soon, and I'm sure there will be someone that will ask me what they need to do if they get left behind. I couldn't find anything on Carnival's website. My best guess would be that you have to get to the next port on your own.

On the days you are in the ports, the Carnival Capers (now "Fun Times) they deliver the evening before has the port info on it including their "Port Agent" or some term like that, with a phone number to call. It is specific to that port. Everyone needs to take that number with them and preferably a cell phone that can make international calls. Call them and they will do what they can to help you if you are running late getting back to the ship.

Yes, you will have to get to the next port on your own. If they can they will try to wait for you, but it is not always possible. If you book your shore excursions through Carnival, you are covered.

In all the ship websites for all the lines, there are emergency numbers. You look for something called the "port agent" and call that. You need to tell your group, though, that if they do get left behind, they'll be responsible for any costs for them to get to the next port. The agent will assist them...but transportation costs, any overnight costs, etc., will come out of their pocket.

You all need to be aware of what time it is on the ship, regardless of what time it might be on shore, and make sure you have watches..not your cell phones, that you can set for "ship time". Then when you get off the ship, ask what time you need to be back on board (usually at least a half hour before the ship is due to set sail), and make sure that you're on board!

And make sure that they all have passports! I would bet the Port Agent will have someone looking for the left behinds, as I am sure the ship notifies them that there are people no accounted for...EM

Each person should take a copy of the Carnival Capers (Funtimes) ashore with them. It has the name and phone number of the port contact should guests be left behind.

Make sure you tell your group:

• Bring a copy of the Fun Times with you.
  • Make sure you are on ships time, not local time.
  • Set your target time to be back at the ship to whatever is stated in the Fun Times (usually 30 minutes before scheduled sail away, longer for tender ports).

I assume there are 30 adults on this cruise? Tell them to act as adults and take responsibility. Be at the dock 30 minutes before it sails. Always set your watch to ship time. If you take Carnival tours you will not be left as long as you are on the tour and go to the ship as soon as you get off the bus. If you go shopping or something, then it will be your responsibility to be to the ship 30 minutes prior. We have seen people miss the ship. It will then be their responsibility to get off the island at their expense and catch up with the ship at the next port. I suggest you tell them you are a guide, not a baby sitter, and each one has to take responsibility for theirself. There should not be a problem if everyone follows the rules, sets their watches to ship time, and get to the ship 30 minutes before sailing. Have a blast!

I assume there are 30 adults on this cruise? Tell them to act as adults and take responsibility. Be at the dock 30 minutes before it sails. Always set your watch to ship time. If you take Carnival tours you will not be left as long as you are on the tour and go to the ship as soon as you get off the bus. If you go shopping or something, then it will be your responsibility to be to the ship 30 minutes prior. We have seen people miss the ship. It will then be their responsibility to get off the island at their expense and catch up with the ship at the next port. I suggest you tell them you are a guide, not a baby sitter, and each one has to take responsibility for theirself. There should not be a problem if everyone follows the rules, sets their watches to ship time, and get to the ship 30 minutes before sailing. Have a blast!

Archived