CC Meetings on Board?

San10s

There are more than 75 of us cruising on the Golden Princess on February 20th and we would like to get together once on board. Has anyone had any success in getting Princess or someone on board to assist with getting a lounge or any other arrangements for the Cruise Critic group? I have been to several 'meet and greets' where some of us in the group just set time and place but this group, being 75+, I thought maybe Princess might be interested in assisting us.

Any insight into a get together on board would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Judy

26 days until we sail on the Golden Princess! :D

Yes, you can arrange this. The success of your meet will depend upon how much you can arrange with your roll call ahead of time (i.e., now). Try to get a list of names and cabin numbers beforehand. You'll be able to contact people that way. Also, try to choose a day and time that most people can agree to beforehand.

Once you are on board, call guest services and ask to speak to someone about setting up a meeting place. Usually, the person you speak to will just take a message and you will get a call back. When I did this, we were able to get part of the Skywalker lounge for our group, and waiters and bartenders were provided. We tipped them all extra, of course. Then, you'll have to contact everyone.

It's a little bit of work to get this all done, but if you or someone else is willing to take the lead, it can be a lot of fun.

Durning a 'Roll Call" for a particular cruise. One person makes a sugestion about where and when to meet whereas everyone else disagrees. Then a second person makes a sugestion. This goes on until noboby can make a decision. Everone gets so mad at each other they just forget about the meeting.

What we normally do is set up two different meeting places for the CC'ers to have a chance to say hello. First is usually during sail-a-way at one of the outside bars. Second can be the first sea day somewhere else. Those that want to show up do, those that don't, just do not attend. There is usually a very good turn out. If even one has a CC hat or T-Shirt, that is all it takes to identify everyone as they come in, they know exactly which group is theirs when they see one person adorning a CC item!

Thanks for your replies.....even Derf! LOL We already have set up a couple of meeting times and locations but I was looking for Princess to 'host' a get together. I was wondering if there is someone I could contact before getting on board so that everyone cruising would be notified ahead of time. I thought that they might even supply a bowl of chips and salsa!!

Please continue to provide any experiences with trying to get Princess involved.

Thanks

Judy

Princess does not do the meet and mingle as RCI does and so there is no one to contact before you board the ship. But you can check when you board and they can sometimes provide a space for your meeting, usually in one of the lounges. I don't think they send out invites like RCI does either, that is up to the passenger to spread the word on meeting time and place (I think). Any drinks or goodies will not be supplied by Princess though!

Talk to the Pursor when you get on and he will help you set something up. Usually they will provide you a lounge with servers. Our last cruise however they gave us a cake and had the cruise director, captain and some other officers stop by.

Scott

John Lawrence was the Cruise Director on the Regal and he was very accomodating in arranging our CC get-together and did provide Princess "munchies" for our meet. He was the only Cruise Director on any of our cruises that did this....the ship was not very full (it was the "Mystery Cruise" during the SARS and the beginning of the war)...John had accessed the Internet and knew my CC name and was aware of our postings! We did have a very active CC Roll Call on that cruise.

It would be nice if Princess did do the same as RCCL....

GotToCruise (aka Renee)

Archived