Paynes Bay to Holetown - walkable?

coffeegirl23

I have searched through numerous posts about Paynes Bay but do not see the answer to my question, which is this: If we want to go from Paynes Bay to Holetown (to the Surfside Restaurant) can we walk there? Well, I should say, how far is it? I know, we can walk anywhere (on land!!) :D

Thanks h20lvr - we were planning to take the bus to Paynes Bay so can we get 6 tokens at the bus station in Bridgetown - 2 to get to Paynes bay, 2 to get to Holetown and 2 to get back to Bridgetown? (There are 2 of us - ha!)

Glad to know we shouldn't walk - sometimes we start out and my husband keeps asking me - are you sure it's not too far?????? (We don't like to walk more than 2 miles to get somewhere when we're on vacation!)

Not sure about tokens. I always give them $2.00 US dollars if I don't have any Barbados change. Sometimes you get change back and sometimes you don't. I want to say the Blue Buses give you change and the Reggae Buses do not. Don't know if you are going to Surfside to eat...I think the food is just OK, but it is a nice place for a Banks. Just Grillin across the road has great food and it is inexpensive by Barbados standards. http://www.justgrillinbarbados.com/ I love their jerk chicken and the catch of the day! Just remember that you catch buses on the opposite side of the street then you would in the US. Enjoy!!!

Thanks for the restaurant advice - we were going to go there for lunch but what you suggested sounds better so we will try that. I always appreciate advice from those who have been there before me! I looked at my map of Holetown though and don't see it - can you be more specific about it's location? By across the street do you mean the main highway?

Coffeegirl This Map is old, but it is the old Pizzaz Restaurant Across the Highway. You can get your food to go and take it down to the Beach. The Beach House http://www.thebeachhousebarbados.com/ (Baku Beach Club on the Map) and the Tides are both nice more upscale restaurants. We spent 2 weeks at the Sunswept resort last Sept, so if you have any more questions just let me know. Enjoy!!

map_holetown.jpg

Not sure about tokens. I always give them $2.00 US dollars if I don't have any Barbados change. Sometimes you get change back and sometimes you don't. I want to say the Blue Buses give you change and the Reggae Buses do not. Don't know if you are going to Surfside to eat...I think the food is just OK, but it is a nice place for a Banks. Just Grillin across the road has great food and it is inexpensive by Barbados standards. http://www.justgrillinbarbados.com/ I love their jerk chicken and the catch of the day! Just remember that you catch buses on the opposite side of the street then you would in the US. Enjoy!!!

Actually the "Blue Buses"(which are the government run ones) DON'T give you change...you either need exact change or tokens as the OP intends to purchase. The "Reggae Buses" which are privately run do give you change as they have conductors.

Both surfside and just grillin' are pretty good choices in my opinion. I however have not eaten at surfside for a while but last time I ate there the food was good.

I think though that just grillin' though VERY good id a tad expensive.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

Archived